SUGGESTION: Parshat names as reference

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28223
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 4 2020 6:12 PM

Please allow a parshat name to be treated as a pericope name in the reference book. I hate having to look up the Christian reference when reading a Jewish source.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 630
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 6:36 PM

I'm with MJBig Smile

Posts 4838
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 7:49 PM

I don't know what MJ is doing exactly, and I probably won't do it myself, but she's 100% right on about this. In Tanakh:, the parsha ARE the pericopes...PERIOD.

Posts 28223
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 4 2020 8:01 PM

David Paul:
I don't know what MJ is doing exactly,

I'm slowly working my way through the Passage Tools, documenting how they currently work, and imagining how they should work - for a variety of purposes and a variety of users. I have a New Yorker cousin with a Jewish family to keep me honest on acknowledging Jewish resources, a niece with a chaplain husband in the Canadian military, an ELCA minister as a daughter-in-law, strong roots in the Stone-Campbell, Mennonite, Congregational, Quaker, even Puritan movements so I can place myself in a variety of roles. But I don't have to forget the people of Salem and the Boston colony who mistreated ancestors in the name of religion. I get to have my prejudices and blind spots.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS