Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Gregory Purtill | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 6 2020 4:19 AM

Before getting too far into requesting e-mail support from Verbum/Logos, I wanted to post this in the Forums in hopes there is a simple solution:

I am unable to launch Verbum 8.6.52, the initial logo screen appears for about 5 seconds and disappears.

I've got the program installed on an external HDD. I've tried to launch from the Desktop Shortcut and verbum.exe on E:\Verbum.

I also tried to reinstall the program.

After downloading the latest VerbumSetup.exe from the website, it downloads the installation files but then crashes with the error:

Invalid Drive: D:\

This is a 6 month old HP laptop with WIN10/64-bit. This install of Verbum was done on 12/26/2019 and was working perfectly until about a week ago.

Any advice?

Thank you in advance and have a Blessed day!

Posts 5496
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 5:33 PM

Hi Gregory,

Perhaps counter-intuitively, I recommend re-posting your trouble in the Logos 8 forum, where you are more likely to find assistance with this particular problem.

Posts 19328
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 6:34 PM

Gregory Purtill:
I've got the program installed on an external HDD. I've tried to launch from the Desktop Shortcut and verbum.exe on E:\Verbum.

Using an external HDD is not supported by Faithlife => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/122251/799140.aspx#799140 

Internal Solid State Disk (SSD) noticeably improves Verbum (& Logos) responsiveness (along with improving Windows too).

Gregory Purtill:
Invalid Drive: D:\

Curious if drive letter for external HDD changed ? (using external storage with Verbum/Logos needs external storage reference to be stable since changing drive letter will cause application to crash)

Logos Wiki has => Windows Troubleshooting and => Diagnostic Logging 

Verbum 8.6.0.0052 was released on 9 July 2019. Current Verbum release is 8.11.0.0017 (on 4 Feb 2020) so one idea is installing newer version => https://verbum.com/install

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5
Gregory Purtill | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2020 8:07 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :)

BINGO! Your post got me thinking about a possible change in Drive letters.

I was able to resolve the issue by changing the value in the InstallDirectory Registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Verbum

Have a Blessed Evening!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS