Michael F. Bird Books

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 9 2020 5:39 PM

We need more books by Michael F. Bird; especially, What Christians Ought to Believe.  The video lectures are on prepub, but the book is not available in Logos.  This would be a great addition to our libraries.

DAL

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 1:49 PM

You can't tell me they're not brothers Stick out tongue

mm.

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 7:39 AM

I decided to check if there were any responses to my suggestion and I saw your post 😂😂😂 Bird is Mike’s doppelgänger 😂😁😜 and yep, they’re both named Michael too. what are the odds! 😂😂😂

Posts 10624
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 7:47 AM

DAL:
I decided to check if there were any responses

My algorithms completely missed the mark on you vs Bird. Milkman, yes, fairly centerred. Granted, Bird kinds of shifts around a little.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 4838
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 9:35 AM

NEVER going to buy anything by Bird from FL. I'm still ticked off that FL only offered one of the two-book set by Zondervan. Bird's How God Became Jesus is a book commissioned by Zondervan as a response to How Jesus Became God by Bart Ehrman. Color me incensed by FL's deliberate refusal to allow the "other side of the story" to be told. It's a violation of a Scriptural principle and to me borders on immoral.

Posts 136
LogosEmployee
Mike Hanes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 9:51 AM

DAL:

We need more books by Michael F. Bird; especially, What Christians Ought to Believe.  The video lectures are on prepub, but the book is not available in Logos.  This would be a great addition to our libraries.

DAL

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into getting this for Logos.

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 10:21 AM

Yes, too bad the other side is not represented. Maybe in the future it will be.

David Paul:

NEVER going to buy anything by Bird from FL. I'm still ticked off that FL only offered one of the two-book set by Zondervan. Bird's How God Became Jesus is a book commissioned by Zondervan as a response to How Jesus Became God by Bart Ehrman. Color me incensed by FL's deliberate refusal to allow the "other side of the story" to be told. It's a violation of a Scriptural principle and to me borders on immoral.

mm.

Posts 3355
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 10:23 AM

Glad you found it humorous. No offense meant by it but I couldn't resist, it was futile to do so.

DAL:

I decided to check if there were any responses to my suggestion and I saw your post 😂😂😂 Bird is Mike’s doppelgänger 😂😁😜 and yep, they’re both named Michael too. what are the odds! 😂😂😂

mm.

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 12:57 PM

Mike Hanes:

DAL:

DAL

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into getting this for Logos.

Thanks! I’m ready to purchase it whenever it becomes available 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 1:00 PM

Milkman:

Glad you found it humorous. No offense meant by it but I couldn't resist, it was futile to do so.

DAL:

None taken! Besides, I finally got to use the word “doppelgänger” in a sentence 😂

Posts 6858
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 16 2020 2:27 PM

Bump! His Systematic theology 2nd edition is out on prepub, but not this one. 🙂

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS