Star rating in library.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 270
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:10 AM

Can anybody help me please. In the library the information pane allows you to give each resource a star rating.

Can I search these - I’ve probably missed the obvious but can find no way to access this information.

Thank you.

Posts 22357
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:30 AM

Anthony Dowden:

In the library the information pane allows you to give each resource a star rating.

Can I search these

You can use "rating:" as below:

= gives just those with that specific rating

>= gives those with that rating or higher

> gives those with ratings higher than the number specificed

< works the same way but for lower ratings

Posts 25375
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 5:17 AM

Strictly, use myrating: as rating:  will reflect other users' values if Show Community Ratings = YES in Tools > Program Settings. See https://wiki.logos.com/Library__#Search_Fields_that_you_can_use_in_the_Find_box for more info.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 22357
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 6:09 AM

Dave Hooton:
Strictly, use myrating: as rating: 

Thanks, Dave, good pointYes

Posts 1
Lyle Russell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 12:53 AM

Thanks for this.

Posts 18113
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:35 AM

Thread => Organize Your Books Tagging rules includes:

When a resource is added to library, rating is 0 so can use filter

myrating:0

to show resources whose membership in collections and tagging needs review.  Dynamic Rule collections add resource immediately.  If a resource is not in desired collection(s), then have two options: modify collection(s) to include resource or add tag(s).

Thankful for Rosie's ratings => http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4363/157779.aspx#157779

Rosie Perera:
0 stars - just purchased, haven't had time to do anything with it yet (though I usually do them right away so they don't stay in this state for very long)
1 star - I really don't think this resource is very valuable and would usually chose to ignore it, but I don't dislike it enough to hide it
2 stars - the rating I assign to everything as soon as I buy it, which means basically "I don't know yet what I think of this"
3 stars - good
4 stars - very good
5 stars - outstanding, one of my favorite resources

When have an opinion about a resource, then change rating appropriately.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2892
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 7:54 AM

Related: If you rate something and want to unrate it, that is possible. Open the library information panel and right-click the stars for that resource, and "Clear" will show in the pop-up, which allows you to reset to unrated.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 270
Anthony Dowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:32 AM

Hi,

Thanks to all - the comments have been most helpful and given me an idea on how I will use the system.

Tony.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS