When does Logos 9 come?

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2048
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2020 9:35 AM

Answering this question reminds me of the old Sunday School song: “soon and very soon we are going to see the King.”   Been singing this song for over 50 years and soon as an element of time has not changed much in 50 years- other than I still sing- soon and very soon we are going to see the king. 

Posts 18662
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2020 3:52 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:
Answering this question reminds me of the old Sunday School song: “soon and very soon we are going to see the King.”  

+1 Yes singing "soon and very soon we are going to see the King" (while birth pangs increase in intensity and frequency). Day 10-10-2020 (last day in temporary shelter to celebrate dwelling in God's Presence) is a Joyous Jewish Holiday that begins daily praying for winter rains (perhaps Lake Kinneret will be overflowing for Pesach seder on Saturday 27 March 2021 evening).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2672
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2020 9:49 AM

Lynden Williams:

Jack Caviness:

Dale E Heath:
don't get addicted

Too late Embarrassed

I have broken my addiction. Was forced to. Will try and stay clean for the rest of this year and next.

If too many of us brake our addiction will Logos stay in business? 

Posts 6685
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2020 10:42 AM

Don't know David. As a Faithlife Partner I am trying to expand the customer base. Check your inbox on Faithlife Messenger

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:45 PM

Nathan Parker:

It comes out when Bob says it comes out. :-)

Winner!

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 41
Rick King | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2020 11:32 PM

Addiction?  I'm only 5500 in the hole right now... I can quit any time I want to... errrr... OK.. so perhaps I spend a bit too much on my Bible software....I owe Accordance too.  Wink  It isn't really an addiction....it's a lifestyle...yeah that's it. Angel  LOL

I anticipate the holiday season to bring us Logos 9.... but with this Covid floating around, it might throw things off a bit.  The only bad thing about a new version is having to start over again building up your collection with the new base packages that come with it. Perhaps it will be a nice surprise and only a few hundred will throw me back into Collector's again. I am sometimes a bit stunned when I see I could trade my Logos library for a mid level full size SUV.  The SUV will plummet in value overnight and break down at some point, whereas the value of knowledge increases.  That's how I justify it anyway.  :-)  

Posts 15
Gregory Wolff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 6:45 AM

Hey! I’m no quitter!

Posts 4950
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 7:06 AM

Rick King:
I can quit any time I want to... errrr... OK

It is always helpful to exemplify Christians with demonstrable self-control.

Rick King:
only bad thing about a new version is having to start over again building up your collection with the new base packages that come with it.

it was the 'having' that blew your cover.  ;-)

(Fact check for observers and especially the gullible – there is no reason to add anything to you library after an upgrade other than that which you would have added anyway)

Posts 11319
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 7:50 AM

Mike Binks:
there is no reason to add anything to you library after an upgrade other than that which you would have added anyway

And in (another) fact, you can buy the upgraded features (and maybe some interesting books), and never install the new software (effectively paying Logos for their hard work, but remaining happily nested on the older version). Smiling.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 10789
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2020 8:35 AM

Mike Binks:
there is no reason to add anything to you library after an upgrade

Heresy—Bring out the stake. Where is the torch? Tongue Tied

Posts 4412
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 5:39 PM

Mike Binks:
(Fact check for observers and especially the gullible – there is no reason to add anything to you library after an upgrade other than that which you would have added anyway)

...provided that it was offered at the same price point.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4950
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 12:10 AM

SineNomine:

Mike Binks:

Sorry Sin'

Being a bit dense the last comment went over my head – please expand.

Posts 4412
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 5:28 AM

Mike Binks:

SineNomine:

Mike Binks:

Sorry Sin'

There are lots of things I haven't added to my library because they're expensive. There are a lot of resources that are worth $1-5 USD to me that FL sells for a lot more than that at regular price. So a collection that sells for $100 now that gets included in an L/V9 base package (for ~$10) might suddenly be worth it to me even though I'd never buy it even at 50% off its regular price.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4950
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 5:57 AM

SineNomine:

Mike Binks:

SineNomine:

Mike Binks:

Sorry Sin'

There are lots of things I haven't added to my library because they're expensive. There are a lot of resources that are worth $1-5 USD to me that FL sells for a lot more than that at regular price. So a collection that sells for $100 now that gets included in an L/V9 base package (for ~$10) might suddenly be worth it to me even though I'd never buy it even at 50% off its regular price.

Thanks, Sin', now I understand. There are, of course, many reasons to buy resources; bargains being one fo them. My point was that it is always a choice and never a compulsion.

Some forum posters appear to think that they must 'upgrade' their libraries with each release of the engine in order to maintain some sort of status.

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 6:13 AM

Mike Binks:
Some forum posters appear to think that they must 'upgrade' their libraries with each release of the engine in order to maintain some sort of status.

I mean I do feel inferior if I look on the about screen and I have a yellow dot instead of a green dot next to my library LOL

How to upload logs

Posts 10789
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 6:43 AM

Mike Binks:

For some of us it is a simple matter of addiction Embarrassed

David Taylor Jr:

I mean I do feel inferior if I look on the about screen and I have a yellow dot instead of a green dot next to my library LOL

Now you've done it. I never noticed the yellow dot, now I feel left out Crying

Posts 4950
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:01 AM

Jack Caviness:

I hadn't noticed the dot either. So I went and checked an, indeed there it was! I hastily clicked on the 'Consider Upgrading'

The cheapest offer was over $2000. I didn't spend long considering. I will have to manage without the comfort blanket.

(BTW I have often heard folk referring to 'LA' in relation to the USA. Didn't realise it stood for 'Logos Addiction'. Seems to pop up all over the place and not always in context. Bit like 'Factbook' really.

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:10 AM

LOL sorry guys

How to upload logs

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 9:28 AM

Mike Binks:

My main interest is ”what kind of new books can I get for my library?” I seldom use the tools that come with Silver and up.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 9:58 AM

All of my "dots" are green, however, it suggested L8-Platinum (which I already have AND THEN SOME) for $1430 and it would add "0" resources to my library OR I could spend $1840 and go to Portfolio and add 897 resources...gee, I'm having difficulty wrapping my mind around spending $1430 for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING or spending $410 more to get almost 900 new resources (that I probably don't need and probably wouldn't use very often). Zip it!

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS