Sermon Starter Guide

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Adam Hanna | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 12 2020 4:53 AM

Does anyone have an idea why my Sermon Starter Guide is no longer pulling themes from the Dictionary of Bible Themes? When I search a word that is a theme from that resource, the search results in the guide no longer display any themes in results, only the passages containing what I searched. Any assistance is much appreciated.

Posts 22268
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 8:18 AM

Hi Adam - and welcome to the forums

Adam Hanna:
Does anyone have an idea why my Sermon Starter Guide is no longer pulling themes from the Dictionary of Bible Themes? When I search a word that is a theme from that resource, the search results in the guide no longer display any themes in results, only the passages containing what I searched.

Are you looking in the Thematic Outlines section of the Guide as below?

If so, please give a specific example where it is not working.

And you have posted this in the Logos 7 forum. Are you still running Logos 7? If so, I would recommend upgrading to Logos 8 via the free Logos 8 Basic package at least

Graham

Posts 5
Adam Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 4:25 AM

Hi Graham, 

I just updated to Logos 8 basic after your mention. Thank you! I had forgotten there was a free basic upgrade. Still after upgrading I am experiencing this on my Mac desktop in Logos. 

This is my current result below. 

As I type in the keyword/topic "Stress" the topic does not appear in the search results. Only passages.

In this screen shot below (taken from Logos.com) the same keyword is searched and the first result is the theme of "Stress" with the passages following it.

Thank you for taking your time to assist me!

Adam

Posts 22268
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 6:51 AM

Hi Adam

Adam Hanna:
Still after upgrading I am experiencing this on my Mac desktop in Logos. 

Very strange - as you see I get the same results as those you reference on Logos.com (I'm doing this on Windows)

Is it possible that you had a Faithlife Connect subscription that has now lapsed? If so, that might explain the change in behaviour.

Can any other Mac user check and see whether they get the Theme information here?

Posts 5
Adam Hanna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 4:52 AM

Hi Graham, 

Thanks again for your reply. I am not aware of any subscriptions I have had or need. I will put this topic in the Logos 8 section of the forums.

Thanks,

Adam

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS