Need e-reader recommendation for Logos

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 630
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 11:30 AM

Fair enough. I’ve never used one, so I have no idea what I might be missing.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Standard | Bronze: Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 153
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 11:34 AM

I used Logos starting in 2014. I think I got my first Kindle in 2016 or so (e-ink e-reader, a paper white). Since then, I understood what the hype was. If Faithlife ever made their own brand ereader that simply allowed you to read your library and make simple highlights (and no other feature) I'd be the first to sign up.

Posts 1195
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 4:33 PM

Thanks John for reaching out! I’m impressed they did that for you!

The scrolling seems a bit sluggish, and honestly gives me some pause about it. However maybe if turning page turns on instead of scrolling it would be just fine.

Posts 1195
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2020 9:39 PM

It’s been a while, but I’m probably gonna go with the onyx boox poke 2. Does anyone know if there’s a reputable distributor for the US? I can find several foreign ones, but I’m concerned about shipping troubles and even whether I’d actually get the product. I did find that www.stacksocial.com has it And is based in the US. But does anyone know if it’s a reputable site? I’ve never heard of it. Or has anyone received had good dealings with onyx from different sellers?

thanks all!

Posts 192
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2020 8:46 AM

I believe you can find a handful of vendors who sell the Poke2 on eBay. I ordered mine directly from the Onyx store but still waiting for DHL to ship it. I believe delays are due to COVID shipping priorities taking precedence, but definitely a delay.

Other Onyx products can be purchased on their Amazon store. I tried the Nova Pro. Loved it but I don't need the pen function so decided to go with the Poke2. I'll do a review when I get it!

Posts 1195
Liam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:49 AM

Ended up shelling out more money and got the nova 2, which I was able to purchase on amazon instead. Received it yesterday and I’m absolutely loving it! Now I’m wishing they made phones and computers that have e-ink screens!

Posts 192
John Eggen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 7:10 AM

Also enjoying my Poke 2. I found it helps to turn off things like swipe to highlight and the automatic word lookup features, but otherwise I’m pretty happy with it for reading purposes.

I installed Nova Launcher from the play store and use that as my home screen. Since I really just use Logos and Kindle on there it cleans up the interface a lot. I can still get to the Onyx Launcher if I need to update firmware (appears you have to do it from there) but I really appreciate the simplified interface.

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS