Chinese Ad on Home Screen

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1981
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 20 2020 6:45 PM

I've seen this tonight on my home screen. Is this supposed to appear for me?

Nathan Parker

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 5:54 AM

I've been seeing this for a few days as well... not sure where it came from as I do not know chinese nor do I ever remember buying a chinese book from logos.

Posts 703
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 11:23 AM

Mattillo:

I've been seeing this for a few days as well... not sure where it came from as I do not know chinese nor do I ever remember buying a chinese book from logos.

Apologies, we have deactivated the message for now and it should no longer appear. If I'd have to guess, I'd wager that you probably at some point in time (either intentionally or accidentally) purchased one of our free Chinese products.

Manager, New Languages

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 2:03 PM
Thank you Thomas. I don’t think I’ve bought a Chinese resource before but either way you made it disappear so thank you
Posts 1981
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 7:08 PM

Thomas Reiter (Faithlife):

Apologies, we have deactivated the message for now and it should no longer appear. If I'd have to guess, I'd wager that you probably at some point in time (either intentionally or accidentally) purchased one of our free Chinese products.

Great. Thanks! I may have accidentally added a free Chinese Bible when doing bulk free library additions.

Nathan Parker

Posts 10963
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:02 PM

Gee .... why can't we 'accidentally' add a Japanese Bible? It's a country east of Eden, follow the Silk Road, then a short ocean ride.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 5:05 AM

Mattillo:

Thomas

It came back with a vengeance today... Now my homepage banner is in Chinese!

Posts 703
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 11:04 AM

We disabled the message for now, apologies. We think we now know what the culprit is and are confirming our assumptions. I might circle back around with you later to confirm that it did indeed fix the issue.

Manager, New Languages

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 11:10 AM

Thank you!

Posts 703
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 6:04 PM

Alright, we figured out the issue (it ended up being something other than what I had assumed - for reasons unknown, your mobile device language was tagged as Chinese on our end) and removed the parameter. We will re-enable the message, please let me know if the message reappears.

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Thomas

Manager, New Languages

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 2 2020 6:32 PM

Thank you! The English banner is now back.  I'll let you know if the Chinese appears again. 

Appreciate your time and help with this!

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2020 4:05 PM

Alright, we figured out the issue (it ended up being something other than what I had assumed - for reasons unknown, your mobile device language was tagged as Chinese on our end) and removed the parameter. We will re-enable the message, please let me know if the message reappears.

Sorry for this inconvenience!

Thomas

It came back today... 

Posts 703
LogosEmployee
Thomas Reiter (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2020 5:46 PM

Mattillo:
It came back today... 

We are honestly stumped by why this keeps getting delivered to you. This ad is aimed at a relatively small segment of users and you are not on the list (we just double checked even). We are going to keep looking into this! If it is not too much of a nuisance for you, would you be ok with us leaving this temporarily turned on, as it would make finding the underlying issue potentially easier?

Manager, New Languages

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2020 8:35 PM

Sure! How do I leave it on? I X’ed it out right before I sent that earlier message so I hope I didn’t mess anything up. Whatever I can do to help!

Posts 29123
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 16 2020 9:09 PM

Being one to choose obvious routes, I think the most helpful thing you can do is learn Chinese.

Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 6:58 AM

MJ. Smith:

Being one to choose obvious routes, I think the most helpful thing you can do is learn Chinese.

Geeked

This has come across my mind as well... doesn't help that I'm reading a book on sovereignty and random/chance at the moment either :)

On sale if interested! https://www.logos.com/product/150253/chance-and-the-sovereignty-of-god-a-god-centered-approach-to-probability-and-random-events 

Posts 2584
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:33 AM

Mattillo:

Thank you. At that excellent price, it was a no-brainer purchase.

Posts 3903
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:38 AM

Lee:

Mattillo:

Thank you. At that excellent price, it was a no-brainer purchase.

You’re welcome. There are 4 on sale in total. Didn’t notice it until yesterday when someone posted about it. https://www.logos.com/free-coronavirus-book 

Posts 466
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 17 2020 4:01 PM

Wow! thanks for the heads up, Mattilo!

Posts 587
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 19 2020 1:43 AM

MJ. Smith:

Geeked

Big Smile

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS