Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 125
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 21 2020 8:55 AM

Logos used to have a feature on the panel menus - or perhaps, on the panel toolbars - that was called "Parallel Resouces."  I believe it may have even been represented by a button featuring two parallel lines.  The benefit of the feature was that, if for example, I were consulting one particular systematic theology resource and wanted to consult another, I could click on "Parallel Resouces" and it would give me numerous other systematic theology options and choices.  In the current version of Logos (I have 8.11.0.0017), I no longer see the feature, 'Parallel Resources.'  Grateful for any help.

Posts 24616
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:15 AM

It is still there - described at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018068751-Parallel-Resource-Sets

Please post a screenshot showing what you see.

Posts 125
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 9:50 AM

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 12:09 PM

Iriving, I see the problem. Look at the location indicator in the top left. It reads "vi". You don't want a list of every other resource with a page "vi" in Parallel Resources! If you open an actual topic, Parallel Resources should behave as expected.

Posts 125
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 3:52 PM

Thank you, Sinenomine.  The location indicator of this resource only shows pages.  So even when I am in topics, the Parallel Resources button does not show.

Posts 32121
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:02 PM

For items to be parallel resources they must share an index, often "headword" ... check on the resource information panel to see what indexes the resource has.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 125
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:09 PM

Only 'Pages.'  Does that mean this resource is ineligible to have parallel resources?

Posts 32121
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:19 PM

Exactly.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 125
Irving Salzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 21 2020 4:24 PM

Okay, thanks very much.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS