How to report a word error

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:33 AM

I see a word error in a commentary. If I right click on the word, it highlights at least a whole paragraph or more. How do I get it to highlight just the one word then get to the 'report error'? 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 411
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:39 AM

Bootjack:

I see a word error in a commentary. If I right click on the word, it highlights at least a whole paragraph or more. How do I get it to highlight just the one word then get to the 'report error'? 

In Logos, please go to Tools > Program Settings >Text Display and change "Text Selection" to "Word".

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:43 AM

It already is selected to Word. Further advice would be appreciated Joe. I should add, where I'm finding the problem is in the commentary(s). 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:43 AM

In Program Settings, what is your Text Selection set to? If it is on Smart, change it to Word.

"Report Typo" should appear at the bottom of the right-hand side of the right-click menu.

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:45 AM

What happens if you restart Logos? When I have weird stuff like that happen, restarting can fix it.

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 11:47 AM

I'll try restarting it. I'm finding the problem when I right click on a word in a commentary. (Restarted Logos but didn't rectify anything) 

Posts 1670
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:10 PM

Is it just that specific commentary? Or any commentary? I cannot reproduce what you are seeing--what's the name of the commentary? If I have it, I'll check to see if I can reproduce the error.

Posts 28220
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:13 PM

In the Context Menu (right click) do you have "selection" chosen? If you have "reference" chosen you will get the behavior you describe.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 505
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 12:58 PM

Ok, just got off with Tech Support. I think MJ.Smith, you've hit it. When I right clicked on a word in a commentary, e.g. 1st Corinthians 4, I had "Reference 1 Corinthians 4:1-21" highlighted. I was told to select "Selection" right at the top of the list and now, all is well. Does this make sense? 

I might add, the 'commentary' so called where it seemed to work ok was w.e.vines which of course is not listed as a commentary, and so it worked ok. 

Thank you to everyone else who came in on this. Appreciate the help. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS