the Calendar Devotionals stopped working

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Lawrence Blair | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 29 2020 9:26 AM

When I started up Logos this morning my normal calendar devotionals did not load to Home as usual. Not only that but in attempting to set them up again all the devotionals are not available for loading in the calendar devotional list for home page. And when choosing from the ones supposedly available they do not load as I chose them to. The program seems to have developed a mind of its own. There is nothing I can do from my end to make the Calendar Devotionals to work as they used to, so you must fix it. 

Thank you,

Lawrence Blair

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 9:45 AM

I don't see mine on my home page either. (?)

I wonder if it's a leap day thing, either on Logos' end, or because your devotional doesn't have an entry for Feb 29 (just a guess).

If you know the name of the devotional you've been using, you can still open it from the Library. If you're not sure about the exact title, select the "Calendar Devotional" from types (you may need to hit "More" at the bottom of the list until you see it), then select it from the list. (Maybe you already know this.

One of mine opened to the correct day. The other did not have an entry for Feb 29, but still opened to Feb 28.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 2
LogosEmployee
Zavier Zarit | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 29 2020 12:03 PM

Hello! We've been experiencing this behavior on our end as well, and Rich's guess looks to be right on target for what is causing this. We have only been experiencing this with devotionals that do not have an entry for Leap Day, Feb 29th. Since they don't have an entry for today, the card on the Home Page that usually links to today's entry cannot appear. Any devotionals that do have a Leap Day entry will work as normal, and every other devotional (and associated Home Page cards) will return to normal tomorrow, on March 1st.

I hope this helps clear things up, but please feel free to let us know if you have any questions!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS