Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5
Jeremy Wilson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 25 2009 10:20 AM

Hello folks!  I'm hoping someone has run into this problem.  I've got the Logos Leader's Library, and I'm running into a usability problem in linked windows.

When I've got my bible window and a commentary window linked together (Link 'A' for example), if my commentary doesn't have any old testament data and I switch the bible from the new testament to the old testament, the program gets very sluggish and is prone to crashing.  Specifically, I run into this when using the "Bible Exposition Commentary".  I can work around the problem by unlinking the windows, but it seems that the program ought to deal with this discrepancy better.

What do you think?  Real problem, or user error?  I would appreciate any of your comments.

I have also e-mailed tech support, so if I get this resolved, I'll post it here.

Thanks!

Jeremy Wilson

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2009 9:06 PM

Interesting to say the least.  I have Leaders Library too.  The  commentary you are using is the problem.  It is a N.T. commentary, so switching to the O.T. in bible does present a problem.  My system doesn't crash while simulating this issue.  You could use a commentary in a link that has both testaments and this wouldn't be a problem.  I know you have other wiersbe commentaries, like be holy, etc...  You could define all wiersbe commentaries in the same association (series resource association and same list in define collection) and it will link to the ones you have when you switch to O.T. in bible.  If you hover over a verse with a letter and the verse pops up, it will switch.  Only problem I have is I dont have all wiersbe commentaries, so this approach is limited in the old testament in terms of using wiersbe as your commentator.

Posts 5
Jeremy Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2009 4:03 AM

That's good to know that your system isn't crashing when simulating the problem.  Perhaps a fresh install of Libronix or that particular resource may solve the problem.  I've also never messed with the series resource association, so I'm glad you mentioned that.  I'm going to check that out next.

Thanks for the advice.  I very much appreciate it.

-Jeremy

Posts 5
Jeremy Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2009 7:30 PM

OK, I've got it fixed.  Turns out that Resource Associations was the solution.  I created a new Resource Association linking the Bible Exposition commentary with the JFB Commentary, and now my commentary window automatically switches from BE to JFB when I point my bible to the Old Testament.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2009 7:54 PM

Glad I was of some help.Logos can be pretty amazing, but I have found out the hard way that experience is the teacher.  Keep playing around with it and your bound to find something new that you never knew it would do.  Logos will greatly enhance your bible study.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS