March Madness is live

Page 2 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 10819
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 5:17 AM

Bill Shewmaker:

I have clicked on all brackets...and nothing! 

I had that same problem using Safari on Mac OS. Accessed the site with Chrome, and was able to vote.

Posts 551
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 5:35 AM

Any word from faithlife as to whether the individual titles in the sets will be discounted too? They did it last year...

Carpe verbum.

Posts 1564
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 7:55 AM

Liam & Abi Maguire:

Any word from faithlife as to whether the individual titles in the sets will be discounted too? They did it last year...

That would be nice. I can't see I'll buy any sets unless I only have one or two books not owned. Otherwise the sets will be out of my price range even if heavily discounted.

Posts 5687
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:34 PM

Only Verbum worked for me on Chrome. I had to go to Firefox to get the site to work.  I shouldn't have bothered.

This is the most disappointing March Madness ever.  There was only one product I voted on in the Logos Bracket and that is only because I hadn't picked upon the latest commentaries in that set. Every other set on offer I already own.  The  Mobile Ed and Overbuy brackets weren't much better.

The majority of what is on offer has been in base packages in the past or dirt cheap on community pricing. I'm really surprised on some of the titles that they are even in March Madness let alone the fact they look like they are going to get through Round 1.  I wonder if people had not cleaned up their wishlist's and left sets on their they had purchase sine they added it to their wish list but had not removed it if FL still counted those as votes. Because seriously I can not see how some of these sets were so wanted when they have been around in Logos and base packages for years and at very cheap prices in the past or as part of base packages.

March Madness 2020 is a lose-lose. There is the very real possibility I will buy nothing from this years 'competition' and so both Faithlife and I loose.

Posts 2524
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 1:28 PM

This is a great opportunity for many newer customers that are looking to build their libraries that may not have  the years of purchasing many of these resources. I hope many of them find some good deals.

Posts 2786
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 2:40 PM

This is hardly a reason to complain, since it was us, the users, who decided which bundles would compete. Sad

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 5687
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 3:00 PM

I am questioning why users choose these bundles so get off your high horse. I did not ask you for your opinion, I was simply providing an alternative voice on why this approach is not a useful one as it excludes long term customers who have been strong supporters of this company.

You do not have the right to tell me I don’t have a valid reason for expressing why this years March Madness is a disappointment. I did not choose any of these bundles. And if you are offended by me expressing an alternative view or telling you that you have overstepped the mark in your response that is your issue you need to deal with. I am comfortable I have done nothing wrong.

Jan Krohn:

This is hardly a reason to complain, since it was us, the users, who decided which bundles would compete. Sad

Posts 8040
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 4:55 PM

Jan Krohn:

I hardly believe that users chose 100% of the bundles.  Who wants to see public domain resources like Calvin in a March Madness competition? Nothing against Calvin, I own his commentaries, but really...users picked him? I don’t think so.  Reminds me of the same charade for a Black Friday years ago, where users could choose the top resources they wanted to be heavily discounted and the discounts were not heavy at all and the top resources on sale were the Bible Knowledge Commentary along with other lower tiered resources.  No premium resources were offered.

The way I see it, FL has to keep some sort of balanced to sell to new users who are dying to have Calvin commentaries in their new cool software and old users who are mostly interested in a few premium resources because they already own most of what they want or need.

But, did users choose everything, I doubt that.

DAL

Posts 5687
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 5:22 PM

The following product is available somewhere around 20 base packages, as low as Orthodox starter and yet is somehow one of the highest wishlisted Verbum products. Seriously???

https://www.logos.com/product/7832/early-church-fathers-special-catholic-edition

DAL:

Jan Krohn:

I hardly believe that users chose 100% of the bundles.  Who wants to see public domain resources like Calvin in a March Madness competition? Nothing against Calvin, I own his commentaries, but really...users picked him? I don’t think so.  Reminds me of the same charade for a Black Friday years ago, where users could choose the top resources they wanted to be heavily discounted and the discounts were not heavy at all and the top resources on sale were the Bible Knowledge Commentary along with other lower tiered resources.  No premium resources were offered.

The way I see it, FL has to keep some sort of balanced to sell to new users who are dying to have Calvin commentaries in their new cool software and old users who are mostly interested in a few premium resources because they already own most of what they want or need.

DAL

Posts 8040
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 5:40 PM

The worst part is that if you own the protestant edition you automatically get the Catholic version for free and vice versa! 😂😂😂 There’s gotta be a glitch somewhere 😂😂😂

DIsciple II:

The following product is available somewhere around 20 base packages, as low as Orthodox starter and yet is somehow one of the highest wishlisted Verbum products. Seriously???

https://www.logos.com/product/7832/early-church-fathers-special-catholic-edition

DAL:

Jan Krohn:

DAL

Posts 5687
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 7:34 PM

There must have been a massive surge in people wishlisting this John Piper Collection since ‘Voting’ closed as it is on the front page of logos.com as one on the most wish listed resources yet does not appear in Round 1.  Or there must be other restrictions FL has not disclosed on how titles were chosen to explain this situation.

DAL:

The worst part is that if you own the protestant edition you automatically get the Catholic version for free and vice versa! 😂😂😂 There’s gotta be a glitch somewhere 😂😂😂

DIsciple II:

DAL:

Jan Krohn:

DAL

Posts 1070
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 4 2020 8:04 PM

None of my wishlist items made it, but that's OK. I bought too much last year at some great sales.Smile

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Kaleb Cuevas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 9:14 AM

Hey Disciple II,

I assure you we included everything that came back on the report that was most wishlisted that we were allowed to include. Sometimes, publishers and contracts exclude specific resources from participating. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

DIsciple II:

There must have been a massive surge in people wishlisting this John Piper Collection since ‘Voting’ closed as it is on the front page of logos.com as one on the most wish listed resources yet does not appear in Round 1.  Or there must be other restrictions FL has not disclosed on how titles were chosen to explain this situation.

Posts 2786
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 10:47 AM

This is my only whishlisted item in the competition (apart from two courses which are clearly gonna drop out in the first round):

https://www.logos.com/product/5467/zondervan-encyclopedia-of-the-bible

At 60% off (around $90), I'd be seriously tempted. Has it ever been on a higher discount?

(But it's not gonna win anyway, because, D.A. Carson...)

Posts 5687
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 11:09 AM

So are you saying things were excluded without FL making that clear from the beginning that some wish listed items would be excluded? I do hope FL do not run things this way next year because it is a very poor offering for anyone who has been using the software for an extended period of time and supported the company well with prior purchases.

Kaleb Cuevas:

Hey Disciple II,

I assure you we included everything that came back on the report that was most wishlisted that we were allowed to include. Sometimes, publishers and contracts exclude specific resources from participating. Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.

DIsciple II:

Posts 1564
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 1:07 PM

Round 2 is live. Got my single vote in!! 

Posts 8040
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 4:05 PM

I voted for every single round 2 to help some people out with the ones that had more votes.  Round one had nothing for me, so I hope the good ones (for me) make it out of round 2 and into the championship rounds.  I think I can predict the winner, but will hold off until the quarter finals :D

DAL

Posts 9566
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 4:14 PM

Jan Krohn:

This is my only whishlisted item in the competition (apart from two courses which are clearly gonna drop out in the first round):

https://www.logos.com/product/5467/zondervan-encyclopedia-of-the-bible

At 60% off (around $90), I'd be seriously tempted. Has it ever been on a higher discount?

Unfortunately it didn't make it past round 1.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2786
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 4:17 PM

Bruce Dunning:
Unfortunately it didn't make it past round 1.

It was a close call though.

I'll pass and wait for a better deal.

Posts 1564
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 5 2020 11:25 PM

Generally it looks like commentary sets are leading the way. It seems slightly odd that the NIC set is getting so many votes when the winner gets a 60% discount and until very recently we could buy the individual volumes we wanted at $19.99 which was around that discount or more.

Page 2 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS