still on 8.10 - why

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 2:02 PM

Kevin A Lewis:
We seemed to have gone round a loop and something is again causing the indexing problems.

Your log indicates the Library Catalog Index is corrupted (quite different to resource Indexing which you would see in the Notification Bar).

Delete all files in I:\Logos\Data\tt13govq.pwo\LibraryCatalog, except catalog.db and restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 540
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 25 2020 2:05 PM

Kevin, my instance was stuck on 8.9 recently, and after trying several things I called Tech support, and after the rep looked at my computer, determined that it was a folder permissions error. And that perhaps a recent Windows update had changed something. So the issue may be that the installer is trying to write to a particular folder but can't, and that is why you are still on 8.10. 

Not sure if this is your issue, but I was experiencing the same problem you are.

Posts 712
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 2:32 AM

Hi Dave

That has done it - thank you so much for you help and patience. I trust all things are okay with you and yours. Amazing times!

Is this kind of thing documented anywhere - i.e. how to troubleshoot Logos from first principles.

And thanks for your suggestion David P. Moore - it turned out to be as Dave described.

Shalom Kevin

Posts 25741
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 6:36 PM

Kevin A Lewis:
I trust all things are okay with you and yours. Amazing times!

Thank you. The Lord has given us peace and blessings during this crazy period.

Kevin A Lewis:
Is this kind of thing documented anywhere - i.e. how to troubleshoot Logos from first principles.

Windows Troubleshooting wiki is a good place to start, but it wouldn't have provided information for your Library Catalog indexing problem beyond suggesting that you report it in the forums with logs! You will (eventually) find an official fix for resource Indexer issues, but it uses the rebuild index command, which usually fails (it is fine for optimizing a working index).

Please note that Windows 7 SP1 is no longer used by Faithlife when testing Logos, so could experience issues from Logos 8.12 onward. Major software issues will be fixed (so it can run), but it will not be supported after end-2020. You can still address issues in the forums, though it might (eventually) be suggested you move to a 64-bit Windows 10 system.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS