And The Winner Is...

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 20 2020 10:29 AM

NICOT/NT: https://www.logos.com/product/175339/new-international-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments-nicot-nicnt

Runner Up —NSBT: https://www.logos.com/product/177237/new-studies-in-biblical-theology-collection-nsbt

Check back later for the new prices to appear ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 11308
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 12:09 PM

Looks like already.

In any event, myself, liked the previous years MMs more (even though I didn't like them)

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 44
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 12:15 PM

If they made the individual volumes available at the MM price, like last year, I’d buy quite a few.  Otherwise it’s still way expensive for the ones I want.

Posts 884
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 2:16 PM

There were a few things I was ready to buy (Fathers of the Church &  Medieval Continuation) But then I needed to buy a new laptop. That killed my book budget.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 3513
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 2:27 PM

Totally agree. Even some of the journals that are bundled are much too high.

I'm not sure why individual journals are not sold separately. There are a bunch of books I'd pick up but because these are also bundled it' just not going to happen.

mm.

John:

If they made the individual volumes available at the MM price, like last year, I’d buy quite a few.  Otherwise it’s still way expensive for the ones I want.

mm.

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 2:38 PM

David Carter:

You are correct! I don’t know why they have a 53 and 54 volume set ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿง

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 2:49 PM

John:

Agreed! I own a little over half of the NSBT set and my price is $110 and change for the other volumes  I don’t have.  I’ll probably get them since without the discount I’d have to pay $254 and change.  If they were priced individually, I’d probably just buy a few that interest me.  Hey $110 for 22 volumes I don’t have is not so bad.  That’s $5 bucks per volume; so yeah, I’ll probably snatch them all. Great bargain now that I just did the math ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ NICOT/NT I already own, but great discount on it too ๐Ÿ‘

DAL

Posts 1002
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 2:53 PM

This year's MM is the least amount I've ever spent since I began participating, mostly because my library is already large.Stick out tongue I picked up a few items, including some Ebooks, to help with the FL cash flow.Angel

Posts 28686
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 3:21 PM

DAL:
I don’t know why they have a 53 and 54 volume set ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿง

They don't. They DID have a 53 volume set. They NOW have a 54 volume set. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 3:42 PM

JT (alabama24):

DAL:
I don’t know why they have a 53 and 54 volume set ๐Ÿคจ๐Ÿง

They don't. They DID have a 53 volume set. They NOW have a 54 volume set. 

The should remove the set in the link I posted at first.  Why write: “This collection is no longer available...” might as well just remove it and leave the most current one.

DAL

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 4:47 PM

DAL:
The should remove the set in the link I posted at first.  Why write: “This collection is no longer available...” might as well just remove it and leave the most current one.

It's there for a variety of reasons, one of which is order history, so customers who purchased it would have a link to, and details for that bundle.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 6:20 PM

PetahChristian:

DAL:

It's there for a variety of reasons, one of which is order history, so customers who purchased it would have a link to, and details for that bundle.

I have my order history receipts for that.  I have clicked on some and they take me to a page that asks me if I’m lost (with a sheep on it).  So my receipt  is good enough, no inconsistent “variety of reasons” needed. So yes, the old page should and must be removed to avoid confusion ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 5
Kenneth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 6:38 PM

At the current sale, NSBT is selling for $5 a piece. Has anyone seen lower?

Is the set worth buying for pastors? Or is it geared towards academics and scholars?

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 7:42 PM

Kenneth:

At the current sale, NSBT is selling for $5 a piece. Has anyone seen lower?

Is the set worth buying for pastors? Or is it geared towards academics and scholars?

I have not seen a lower price.

It’s academic, but it can help a lot for Bible class prep to give people some meat and not the usual milk stuff everyone gets every single Sunday and Wednesday.

DAL

Posts 1358
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 8:05 PM

How long are the sale prices available?

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 8:25 PM

Edwin Bowden:

https://bracket.logos.com/rules

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 7621
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 20 2020 8:28 PM

Edwin Bowden:

Until March 31st, so you have some time to think before you decide.  Keep in my there’s a 30 day return policy.  You can always buy at a low price now and return later if you don’t like it or if it’s not for you.

DAL

Posts 12
Lawrence Mason | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 8:08 AM

Does anyone know if the individual books of the sets are going to be made available like last year? I'm not sure I can buy any of the full sets I'd want given the amount of money we're talking about... But I'd definitely buy quite a few individual books! 

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS