Save note file as passage list doesn't work

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:30 PM | Locked

Not sure if this should work, or if its been brought up before. When I try to save a note file as a passage list I just get an untitled passage list?

Is this a bug or a yet to be implemented feature?

And I should be able to add a note file through the passage list tab aswell I would think.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit
Lenovo laptop E520 i7-2640M, 2.8GHz 8G Ram, 2G Graphics

Australia

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 10:55 PM | Locked

David Gullick:

Not sure if this should work, or if its been brought up before. When I try to save a note file as a passage list I just get an untitled passage list?

Is this a bug or a yet to be implemented feature?

And I should be able to add a note file through the passage list tab aswell I would think.

The save note file as passage list works if you have a note file that is created from a verse or passage reference. If you want to insert all verse or passage references from a note file in a passage list you can either copy and pastes them or drag them into the list. The nice thing about copy and paste is that if you have a lot of text with verse references scattered throughout the text, you can just hightlight everything and drag it all over and the passage list will insert only the verse references.

Posts 28010
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:02 PM | Locked

David Gullick:

That's correct - just change the title. I think it is untitled to avoid another file with the same name as your Note file. Also, the PL does not contain any passages that you added via Add note (if you got an empty PL then that would be the reason).

David Gullick:

Notes are usually attached to a resource. However, when you right click a passage in PL there is an ungainly option to add the reference to the same PL, so why not have an option to add it to a Note file!? Was that what you meant?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 6:52 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:

David Gullick:

That's correct - just change the title. I think it is untitled to avoid another file with the same name as your Note file. Also, the PL does not contain any passages that you added via Add note (if you got an empty PL then that would be the reason).

Ok - so my goal is to create a new Passage List from references in my existing note file. That is Import a note file into a passage list, just like I can import  .txt files into a passage list

Regardless of if I change the title of the PL or not, I get the same result as if I just created a new PL - a blank passage list. If in the note file drop down menu and I select "save as passage list" I expect it to create a passage list with all the Bible references in my note file - but that isn't happening - it just gives me a blank PL. I haven't added any references to my note file via Add note.

Dave Hooton:

David Gullick:

Notes are usually attached to a resource. However, when you right click a passage in PL there is an ungainly option to add the reference to the same PL, so why not have an option to add it to a Note file!? Was that what you meant?

Basically I'm trying to achieve the same thing as I mentioned above - create a PL  from a note file. Since PL has an Add and Merge option already, I thought they would have the option to add/merge references from a note file, as that is (for me) the main place I record Bible references.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Posts 19707
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:02 AM | Locked

Save as Passage List doesn't work on the content of notes but on the verse references that the notes are linked to. If you add a note by right-clicking on a Scripture passage in your Bible, the (linked) verse reference shows up as the title of the note. This allows you to create a passage list from all the verses that you've attached notes to.

What you're asking for is not an existing feature. You could request it if you like (post it in the Suggestions forum), but that could take a while and there's no guarantee they'd add that feature. In the meantime, a workaround would be to copy/paste the Note into a text file and then create the passage list from the text file.

Posts 285
David Gullick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 27 2010 7:08 AM | Locked

Thanks Rosie - I'll make the suggestion.

Logos Platinum

Windows 7 - 64 Bit

Australia

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS