Lexham Context Commentary Updates

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 25 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 22 2020 8:47 PM

The Lexham Context Commentary has been updated more than 2 or 3 times already and the Gospel of John is still not showing.  Is there a time frame when this will be added?

I hope it's been improved.  I hope the Old Testament comes along someday too.  I know it will be a LONG TIME before it gets worked on (if it ever comes along).

Anyway, I don't know what the updates have been fixing, but thanks either way.

DAL

Posts 443
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:40 PM

DAL:

The Lexham Context Commentary has been updated more than 2 or 3 times already and the Gospel of John is still not showing.  Is there a time frame when this will be added?

I hope it's been improved.  I hope the Old Testament comes along someday too.  I know it will be a LONG TIME before it gets worked on (if it ever comes along).

DAL

I believe that the description page mentioned 2nd quarter 2020 for John, so that would be April at the earliest. 

Posts 443
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 22 2020 10:41 PM

However, if it comes before then, I won't complain! I'm preaching through John (have been since January 2019) and would love the use of this commentary. 

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2020 6:04 AM

Jonathan Bradley:

DAL:

DAL

I believe that the description page mentioned 2nd quarter 2020 for John, so that would be April at the earliest. 

Yep... why John got the shaft is beyond me though

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/188561/1089150.aspx#1089150 

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 23 2020 9:22 AM

DAL:

DAL

Bump on this... any ETA?  Just curious

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 22 2020 6:07 AM

Mattillo:

DAL:

DAL

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 9 2020 1:08 PM

Still looking like a Q2 release?

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 2:09 AM

Mattillo:

Still looking like a Q2 release?

Hopefully! 👍😁👌

We’ll find out within the next almost 2 1/2 weeks.

I’m glad I purchased this commentary.  It’s proving to be quite helpful for quick references.

DAL

Posts 59
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 2:08 PM

We've been in contact with the author and confirmed that it's been a bit delayed by the craziness of Covid. But it's getting very close! We're sorry for the delay and hoping for a Q3 release. 

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 6:17 AM

Jesse Myers:

We've been in contact with the author and confirmed that it's been a bit delayed by the craziness of Covid. But it's getting very close! We're sorry for the delay and hoping for a Q3 release. 

Thank you for the update, Jesse! 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 7:29 AM

Jesse Myers:

Thank you Jesse!

Might I also be able to inquire of you the status of Volume 2 of Discovering the New Testament and the OT versions of the Lexham Geographic Commentary?  :)  Hopeful yes I know... but figured I'd try

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 8:19 AM

Mattillo:

Jesse Myers:

Thank you Jesse!

Might I also be able to inquire of you the status of Volume 2 of Discovering the New Testament and the OT versions of the Lexham Geographic Commentary?  :)  Hopeful yes I know... but figured I'd try

Check the product page for those 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 59
LogosEmployee
Jesse Myers | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 5:33 PM

Sure: Manuscript for Discovering the NY vol. 2 is in and being worked on. Aiming for the end of the year. Geo Comm OT is also coming together. Pentateuch is well on it's way!

Posts 7484
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 5:57 PM

Jesse Myers:

Sure: Manuscript for Discovering the NY vol. 2 is in and being worked on. Aiming for the end of the year. Geo Comm OT is also coming together. Pentateuch is well on it's way!

Awesome! Thank you! I’ll preorder the other 3 volumes  of Discovering the NT.  I just got volume 1 for cheap in one of the expansions I just bought.  Great intro for NT studies 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2020 6:52 PM

Jesse Myers:

Thanks!!!

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 4 2020 7:25 AM

Jesse Myers:

Good Morning! Just curious how John is coming for the Context Commentary... end of Q3 or sooner?  Thank you

Posts 104
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:05 PM

Mattillo:

Good Morning! Just curious how John is coming for the Context Commentary... end of Q3 or sooner?  Thank you

The author is still wrapping up his final draft for John. It is a substantial contribution to the LCC at over 100k words. We intend to have it out this fall, but that will depend on when he submits his final draft. The OT counterpart is also underway, and we hope to have it substantially completed over the next 18 months.

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2020 12:09 PM

Thank you Doug! 

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 6:22 AM

Doug Mangum:

Mattillo:

The author is still wrapping up his final draft for John. It is a substantial contribution to the LCC at over 100k words. We intend to have it out this fall, but that will depend on when he submits his final draft. The OT counterpart is also underway, and we hope to have it substantially completed over the next 18 months.

Just curious if you have any updates on this sir?  Also was curious how Discovering the New Testament Volume 2 was coming.  Thx!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS