Lexham Context Commentary Updates

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 48 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 120
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 9:46 AM

The author is making progress, but I'm hesitant to make predictions since I have to get it through editorial, turned into a format that can be inserted into the Logos resource, and then put into the resource update cycle before it will appear for you. My optimistic, hopeful goal is to have it out within the next month. If not by then, it should be shortly after.

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 9:48 AM

Thanks!

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:22 PM

Doug Mangum:

The author is making progress, but I'm hesitant to make predictions since I have to get it through editorial, turned into a format that can be inserted into the Logos resource, and then put into the resource update cycle before it will appear for you. My optimistic, hopeful goal is to have it out within the next month. If not by then, it should be shortly after.

Good evening!  John downloaded today but it is missing from the ToC under contents (is in the quick select though)... can that be fixed?

Posts 120
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 5:49 PM

Yes, John should get added into the TOC. This was a partial update, not the full John commentary. Currently only a fraction of the John comments are ready, but I wanted to make what was finished available since everyone's been waiting patiently.

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 21 2020 6:02 PM

Doug Mangum:

Yes, John should get added into the TOC. This was a partial update, not the full John commentary. Currently only a fraction of the John comments are ready, but I wanted to make what was finished available since everyone's been waiting patiently.

Awesome and thank you

Posts 495
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 7:54 AM

Doug Mangum:

Doug,

Thank you so much for this update! What is in there is fantastic! I am looking forward to the OT version of this. 

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 12:14 PM

Jesse Myers:

Sure: Manuscript for Discovering the NY vol. 2 is in and being worked on. Aiming for the end of the year. Geo Comm OT is also coming together. Pentateuch is well on it's way!

Good Afternoon!  Just checking back to see how Discovering the NT Volume 2 was looking... still looking like by the end of 2020? Also, any updates on:

Lexham Geographic Commentary OT

OR 

Lexham Context Commentary John? If I remember correctly, only some of John was published.

Thank you

Posts 120
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 2:06 PM

I don't know the status of the Discovering the NT volume. The other things you've asked about are in progress but with no firm release dates.

The rest of Lexham Context Commentary John is still with the author for final revisions.

Geographic Commentary Pentateuch is in the late stages of editorial production and map/media curation and creation with digital release likely sometime in the next few months. Content for Geographic Commentary Historical Books is in very early stages of editorial review. Submissions for Geographic Commentary Poetry/Prophecy are just starting to trickle in (they weren't due until next month).

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 9 2020 2:26 PM

Thank you Doug 

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 6 2020 12:50 PM

Jesse Myers:

Sure: Manuscript for Discovering the NY vol. 2 is in and being worked on. Aiming for the end of the year. Geo Comm OT is also coming together. Pentateuch is well on it's way!

Jesse

Just curious if you think volume 2 will make it or stop by end of year

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 12:10 PM

Mattillo:

Jesse Myers:

Jesse

Just curious if you think volume 2 will make it or stop by end of year

Bump

Posts 8053
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 1:34 PM

Are you teaching John, Matillo?

DAL

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:03 PM

DAL:

Are you teaching John, Matillo?

DAL

Negative Mr. DAL.  I was actually checking back on the Discovering the NT Volume 2 but I just checked the product page and it is looking like March 2021.  Looks like it won't make it in by 2020.  Oh well!

https://www.logos.com/product/167708/discovering-the-new-testament-an-introduction-to-its-background-theology-and-themes 

Posts 8053
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:15 PM

Ah ok 👌 Yep, those Discovering volumes look very promising.  I really like the Gospels and Acts volume.  Very useful along with my Encountering the NT volume.

Here’s another one I’ve preordered: https://www.logos.com/product/194920/handbook-on-the-gospels I have the other two by Thomas Schreiner and Andreas Köstenberger.  Very practical for teaching!

DAL

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 19 2021 6:29 AM

Doug Mangum:

I don't know the status of the Discovering the NT volume. The other things you've asked about are in progress but with no firm release dates.

The rest of Lexham Context Commentary John is still with the author for final revisions.

Geographic Commentary Pentateuch is in the late stages of editorial production and map/media curation and creation with digital release likely sometime in the next few months. Content for Geographic Commentary Historical Books is in very early stages of editorial review. Submissions for Geographic Commentary Poetry/Prophecy are just starting to trickle in (they weren't due until next month).

Good Morning Doug. Any updates on the LCC John portion?

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2021 4:06 PM

Bump

Any updates on the LCC John portion?

Posts 120
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 12:18 PM

Mattillo:

It is progressing slower than expected. The author and I are now making plans to update the resource with the first half of John (probably chs 1–10) when it is complete down to the verse levels. Then he will keep working on the Passage, Paragraph, and Unit/Verse notes for chs. 11–21.

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 12:38 PM

Doug Mangum:

Mattillo:

It is progressing slower than expected. The author and I are now making plans to update the resource with the first half of John (probably chs 1–10) when it is complete down to the verse levels. Then he will keep working on the Passage, Paragraph, and Unit/Verse notes for chs. 11–21.

Something is better than nothing! thank you

Posts 4517
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 6:57 AM

Doug Mangum:

Mattillo:

Doug, just curious when you think those updates will be pushed out. March? Q2? Thank you

Posts 8053
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 8:19 AM

You realize it’s only been two weeks since the last update which is slowwwly progressing, right? 😜 just making sure 😂

DAL

Page 2 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS