A23 Hilighting Pane gone walk-about

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:21 PM

As I wrote the title, I started to doubt myself ... was it ever there?Confused

When I use the tools > highlight menu ... nothing happens.

When I use the button that is in my toolbar, the favourites panel appears!

Just to be sure I went to use the menu and I been enjoying the company to a spinning coloured disc!

Force quitting from the dock removes the light under the dock's icon but still leaves the A23 window on my screen (disc and all!)

7028.Archive.zip

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:23 PM

Martin Folley:
As I wrote the title, I started to doubt myself ... was it ever there?Confused

Still there on mine.

Posts 440
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:31 PM

Unable to erase selected highlight.  No erase selection available.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:31 PM

Something in the app is confused. If you try "Close All" from the command bar, then close the app, then restart, does it work?

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:35 PM

Good ... it is not my imagination then ....

Does anybody know how to stop a rogue app in a mac?

• The apple menu > Force Quit does not list Logos among the options.
  • Activity monitor shows it there with 47 threads and no use of the CPU. The stop button causes the threads to go to zero and then they return to 47.

I must admit to not experiencing this on a mac too often (unlike certain other operating systems!)

Thanks.

Posts 440
Lewis Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:36 PM

Erase option is gone!

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:38 PM

Martin Folley:
Does anybody know how to stop a rogue app in a mac?

Well, if a Mac app is going to act like a Windows program, apply the MS fix and reboot.

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 12:58 PM

Thanks Terry. Reboot applied.

I restarted A37, clicked on the highlighter icon and saw the return of the disc. Time to reboot and try something different.

Posts 1532
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:04 PM

Option+CMD+esc will bring up a menu and let you kill programs. Otherwise, open Activity Monitor and manually kill the processes.

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 1:19 PM

Thanks Ben.

Both of those had not worked in the first case.

After the second crash I went straight to the apple menu method rather than Force quit on the dock menu. This worked.

This time I closed all resources in A23 then used the tools menu for Highlighting. It came up with the favourites menu again!

Restarting A23 I see a thin vertical line on the left hand side, roughly where the highlighter pane would end, if it were there. I wonder if it is there and not drawing?

A partial success this time. I have opened a layout which does not have the highlighter pane (or any other narrow pane). I have closed all the resources manually, and then use the tools menu .... I can now see the highlighters. It reminds me of a similar issue from a previous release. (http://community.logos.com/forums/t/18261.aspx).

Now I have it, I agree that the remove highlighting button appears to be AWOL.

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 28 2010 4:46 PM

I have the same problem: both the Highlighting and the Favorites panel are empty.

8836.Archive.zip

Posts 5154
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 12:50 AM

Michael Lane:

I have the same problem: both the Highlighting and the Favorites panel are empty.

8836.Archive.zip

Just on  the off chance...   Try floating the panel?

tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 13
bvz | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 4:49 AM

Erase option is gone!

mine too

Posts 22
Robert Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:19 AM

Strage, mine is working just fine. Wonder why it works on one and acts up on another?

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 5:48 AM

Well, this morning when I opened the app, the highlighting panel was populated. However, the favorites panel is still empty. The Highlighting panel did float, but the Favorites panel would not - it acts as if there is not a panel to float, only the tab with a title.

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:03 AM

Screen shots of my AWOL Favorites panel.

Posts 41
Michael Lane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 6:24 AM

Tom Philpot:

Something in the app is confused. If you try "Close All" from the command bar, then close the app, then restart, does it work?

I can confirm, it is confused.

I closed and re-opened the app, and now the Highlighting panel will not even open, while the Favorites panel is still empty. Just a lot of inconsistent behavior.1781.Archive.zip

Posts 102
Jac Colon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 8:58 AM

Michael Lane:

Tom Philpot:

I can confirm, it is confused.

I closed and re-opened the app, and now the Highlighting panel will not even open, while the Favorites panel is still empty. Just a lot of inconsistent behavior.1781.Archive.zip

The exact same thing is happening to mine.

Jac Colón
Speaker, Director, Revelation Now

"They follow the Lamb wherever He goes (Rev 14:4)."

MacPro, 8 core, 2.26 GHz, 16gig

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 29 2010 9:10 AM

Jac Colon:
The exact same thing is happening to mine.

OK, I wasn't seeing this at the office yesterday, but I opened Favorites, then highlighting and got the same error.

You can manually type "show highlighting in a new window" in the command bar to open a floating window of highlighting. Favorites is not working in any capacity. I can see the error in the logs and I'll take a look at this today.

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS