Carta for REAL No Joke

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 79 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 11330
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:39 AM

Mattillo:

Anyone have or know about this one? 

The Onomasticon by Eusebius of Caesarea: Palestine in the Fourth Century A.D.

https://www.logos.com/product/190966/the-onomasticon-by-eusebius-of-caesarea-palestine-in-the-fourth-century-ad 

Matillo, I wanted that indexed in Logos for its lengthy early CE location list that Eusebius researched. See below. It's also ref'd by Bible verse ... use CitedBy panel. 

Added: I didn't check the Logos version, but below is Eusebius on the left; Jerome on the right (Carta pairs them).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:45 AM

Thank you Denise

Posts 11330
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:46 AM

Ben:

The Sacred Bridge has appeared! I am enthusiastic over here in lockdown :) 

The End is near!

Posts 1585
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 12:17 PM

Denise:

Ben:

The Sacred Bridge has appeared! I am enthusiastic over here in lockdown :) 

The End is near!

Some years ago I got impatient and bought the paper version of Sacred Bridge. It functions like an additional screen, thus I may not order the Logos version yet.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 11330
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 1:52 PM

Veli Voipio:
thus I may not order the Logos version yet.

Well, I'd have trouble between Raging Torrent and Sacred Bridge as my all-time favorite geo-history. I just ordered SB, if only because I really do need a good atlas for Logos to look stuff up in. I have the also-rans ... Holman, etc

Posts 2776
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 6:19 PM

I applaud the roll out of Carta. But, stupid question, but I honestly don't know; will Carta have the functionality it requires to optimally perform in the Logos environment?

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:24 PM

Beloved:
will Carta have the functionality it requires to optimally perform in the Logos environment?

Are you asking about tagging, and Carta results appearing in searches and guides, or something else?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 2776
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 7:34 PM

PetahChristian:
Are you asking about tagging, and Carta results appearing in searches and guides, or something else?
My question is general, but I was thinking more on the graphical side. Zoom in and out capability. Graphics when you import to presentations and the likes. I would expect that tagging would be optimal in keeping with Logos custom.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 3
Harold Costa | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:20 PM

The best thing to visit fast

Posts 7632
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:04 PM

Ben:

Pre-ordered, just for support!

I was using my Carta collection and thought about it some more and decided it’s not worth duplicating.  Not even for “support” since the volumes are already in production.  My collection serves its purpose very well and looks awesome in my other Bible software that there is no need to duplicate them. I will say this, though: If you don’t have Carta, get it, since the quality of their resources is top notch! Great material!

DAL

Posts 3933
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:32 PM

DAL:
I was using my Carta collection and thought about it some more and decided it’s not worth duplicating.  Not even for “support” since the volumes are already in production.

That’s your choice, however support isn’t just about getting these titles into Logos, it’s about getting other Carta resources into Logos (such as the Understanding series).

Phil said, FL will “explore other titles in the future after we see how these do.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 11330
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 8:37 PM

DAL:
there is no need to duplicate them

The price-point is so low, and there's so much the Logos searches and CitedBy's can find, I'll re-purchase. I had Carta so long, it wore my Mini out. Libby was not a happy camper.

But I'll (secretly) admit, I wish the big A (Bible software) could add some more hi-res resources. I like to zoom in and examine carefully.

Posts 7632
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:47 PM

Hmmm 🤔 I’ll see if the bundle gives a better price (technically it should), and then I’ll revisit; if not, I’ll just get the cheap ones 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 2089
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 4:39 AM

Denise:

DAL:

The price-point is so low, and there's so much the Logos searches and CitedBy's can find, I'll re-purchase.

Yes Ditto. Plus I've begged for it here and want to support it, if I'm able to. I do hope they surprise us with the quality vs A or at least make allowances for future perfect.

Posts 2122
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:45 AM

Randy W. Sims:

Denise:

DAL:

The price-point is so low, and there's so much the Logos searches and CitedBy's can find, I'll re-purchase.

Yes Ditto. Plus I've begged for it here and want to support it, if I'm able to. I do hope they surprise us with the quality vs A or at least make allowances for future perfect.

I agree with Denise and Randy.  I am very pleasantly surprised at the prices for these resources.  I do own the larger ones in Accordance, but like I said way back when we were first asking for these, I will gladly buy them again in Logos to have everything in the same place and to support Logos.  Considering the already low prices on the individual titles, I can't wait to see what the collection price will be!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 51
Lucian Benigno | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 11:11 AM

Zip it!

Posts 4199
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 11:17 AM

The bundle is up: https://www.logos.com/product/191819/carta-jerusalem-bible-reference-collection for $350

If I did my math correctly, individually they come to $383.87

Posts 9414
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:29 PM

Mattillo:

The bundle is up: https://www.logos.com/product/191819/carta-jerusalem-bible-reference-collection for $350

If I did my math correctly, individually they come to $383.87

I think you are right Mattillo. The key question, is whether the discount is great enough in light of what seems to be overlapping content. It would be helpful if someone who owned these resources would clarify just how much overlap there is. Anyone know?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1319
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:32 PM

Mattillo:

Cool. Thank you.

Does anyone know if Carta resources will have academic discounts?

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 11330
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:43 PM

Bruce Dunning:
would be helpful if someone who owned these resources

Not ignoring this question. But I don't know which are being wondered about. For example, the Ritmeyer volumes are unique, very detailed volumes. Some others are concise versions of the matching big-boy. Some have been growing over the years, and re-named. 'Which' wondered about would be helpful.

Page 3 of 4 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS