A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith by Robert Reymond - Missing Logos Tagging

Page 1 of 2 (31 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 211
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 11 2020 6:33 PM

A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith by Robert Reymond is a great systematic theology textbook which is very useful. However, the Logos edition of this book does NOT contain virtually any tagging - Bible verses, references to other books, etc. It does have a few hyperlinks that bring you to other places within the book, and links to the Westminster Confession of Faith, but otherwise not the usual tagging.

The description page has the usual "In the Logos edition, this digital volume is enhanced by amazing functionality. Citations link directly..." except that it doesn't.

Is the missing tagging just an oversight?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 28584
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 9:10 PM

Daniel Radke:
However, the Logos edition of this book does NOT contain virtually any tagging - Bible verses, references to other books, etc.

I don't seem to be seeing the same thing you are: 

All of the blue scripture references are indeed hyperlinked. Can you provide screenshots of specific examples? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1085
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 9:38 PM

I'm seeing the same thing as Daniel. Desktop beta version. Here's my screenshot of the same pages as you posted with no links:

Posts 1085
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 11 2020 9:41 PM

It looks like your screenshot is from a mobile device. Are those blue verse actually hyperlinked or just blue? On my phone they show up as blue but nothing happens if I tap on them.

Posts 471
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:15 AM

Screen shot from my desktop:

The Bible verses are not hyperlinked...

Posts 471
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:21 AM

Tom Reynolds:

It looks like your screenshot is from a mobile device. Are those blue verse actually hyperlinked or just blue? On my phone they show up as blue but nothing happens if I tap on them.

Yes.. they are not hyperlinked on my android phone.

Posts 7541
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 6:47 AM

Mine looks blue in my iPhone, but when I click on the Bible references a pop up window shows up saying “Not available.” How can this be? 

DAL

Posts 496
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:42 AM

I am seeing the same problem on my Windows Logos 8 desktop. Scripture references in the text are not even highlighted and are not linked. Even a Faithlife ebook would have that. There is clearly something wrong with this.

Posts 10918
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 8:55 AM

Nord Zootman:
I am seeing the same problem on my Windows Logos 8 desktop. Scripture references in the text are not even highlighted and are not linked. Even a Faithlife ebook would have that. There is clearly something wrong with this.

I can confirm this. It seems the last update (April 1, to the 2020-03-18 version) broke the linking of bible verses and probably of other works in the footnotes as well.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 6
Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 9:45 AM

I have the same issue on my MacBook Pro laptop. No hyperlinks to or from Bible verses. 

Posts 92
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:03 PM

Oh wow, this is really bad.  I just ran the concordance tool on my copy, and -0- bible references were returned.

Posts 7541
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:13 PM

Karl Fritz Jr.:

Oh wow, this is really bad.  I just ran the concordance tool on my copy, and -0- bible references were returned.

Wow may be a publisher request or something 🤔

DAL

Posts 92
Karl Fritz Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:25 PM

I'd love to know, because if there's no chance of it being fixed, then there's no longer the "benefits of Logos" as advertised.  A simple error is one thing, but a publisher request seems ridiculous.  Is that publisher going to request similar on other resources?

Posts 29736
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 1:49 PM

This is the type of error that Kyle usually gets fixed quite quickly when it is brought to his attention. I suspect that something went awry when it was converted for the theological index Let's not look for conspiracy theories - let's ask for a correction and see if it works quite nicely. Note that does probably mean retitling this thread or starting a new one in a thread more apt to be seen.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 211
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 3:33 PM

MJ. Smith:

This is the type of error that Kyle usually gets fixed quite quickly when it is brought to his attention. 

That's why I brought it up. I am thankful for all the work Faithlife does to make things like this right.

MJ. Smith:

Note that does probably mean retitling this thread or starting a new one in a thread more apt to be seen.

Should I have posted this in a different place? What category should I have chosen?

eChristianResources.com - Connecting Christians With Quality Evangelical Resources Available For FREE On The Internet (including links to free Logos/Vyrso resources!)

Posts 29736
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 4:52 PM

I put KYLE: resource with tagging truly messed up ... and user imaginations becoming creative as to why under Logos 8 to make sure this thread gets read.

Daniel Radke:
Should I have posted this in a different place? What category should I have chosen?

Other people may have slightly different choices but I find that Logos 8 and Desktop Beta appear to be consistently read by FL employees so for resource or data errors I put it in one to those. Then I use the title to direct the problem the right direction:

• BUG is the prefix of the title I use for software problems
  • KYLE is the prefix on the title of resource production issues
  • SEAN DATA BUG is the prefix on the title of data issues

I rarely use the Web or Mobile so I rarely use those forums but if I were to, BUG would probably be my standard.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 211
Daniel Radke | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 12 2020 6:32 PM

MJ. Smith:

Other people may have slightly different choices but I find that Logos 8 and Desktop Beta appear to be consistently read by FL employees so for resource or data errors I put it in one to those. Then I use the title to direct the problem the right direction:

• BUG is the prefix of the title I use for software problems
  • KYLE is the prefix on the title of resource production issues
  • SEAN DATA BUG is the prefix on the title of data issues

I rarely use the Web or Mobile so I rarely use those forums but if I were to, BUG would probably be my standard.

Thanks for this information. I'll try to remember it for the future.

Posts 28584
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 7:23 AM

Tom Reynolds:
It looks like your screenshot is from a mobile device. Are those blue verse actually hyperlinked or just blue?

No, my screenshot is from Mac. The hyperlinks are active. 

Posts 28584
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 7:25 AM

NB.Mick:
I can confirm this. It seems the last update (April 1, to the 2020-03-18 version) broke the linking of bible verses and probably of other works in the footnotes as well.

My support info is old, but I don't see any updates. Perhaps it was pulled.

LLS:42.100.3

2004-11-04T22:28:40Z

NSYSTHEO.lbxlls

Posts 10918
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 8:27 AM

yours is old (and an old file version), so be lucky you didn't get the update

LLS:42.100.3

2020-03-18T22:42:10Z
NSYSTHEO.logos4

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10