Is this Denomination Represented in a Logos Base Package?

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 257
Gary Osborne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 7:35 AM

DAL:

Perhaps I should correct the sentence: I went ahead and bought it! I also bought the cheapest Bronze Base Package ever (0.21cents!!!).

So yeah, the resource is not included in any base package, but it’s still cheap 👍😁👌

Sorry for the confusion!

DAL

Whew!  Sanity restored.  Thanks.

Posts 3866
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 7:46 AM

Gary Osborne:

I graduated from Central Bible College, the primary Assemblies of God ministerial college at the time, in the late 80s.  For only $10.99 this collection would give you a great overview of what the denomination believes and practices.  

https://www.logos.com/product/177289/ag-doctrine-and-distinctives

thanks for the link! ...and, yeah, I was scrambling to figure out the BP it was in and kept rereading the thread to decipher the intended syntax which DAL later revealed. Big Smile  (adding to my confusion is that there is a resource in the Eastern Rite Bronze that is NOT in the ER Silver but shows back up in Gold...so I was trying to see if that was something that was going on with the AG resources...because I own PG bronze and it wasn't in there...:D)

Btw, used to play Central Baptist in basketball, late 80s. I didn't realize it was AG. we also traveled down there to play Baptist Bible...

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 7511
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 8:29 AM

PG Bronze?

Posts 7511
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 8:37 AM

I was offered a new Gold Base Package that contained curated resources from all the denominational base packages.  I just bought standard Portfolio, so I wasn’t interested in it.  I wonder if they’ll actually release it to the public or maybe it’s just a special exclusive inside offer.  I looked at the excel list of resources, but I got tired of figuring out the “new to you” since everything was mixed (owned and not owned).  For now, I’m doing great with base packages.  I’ll just wait for Logos 9 and see what they offer.  👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 3866
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 9:34 AM

HA!  P&C... 

smarty. Big Smile

Posts 7511
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 9:59 AM

Friedrich:

HA!  P&C... 

smarty. Big Smile

👍😁👌 

Posts 3866
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 11:46 AM

DAL:

Friedrich:

HA!  P&C... 

smarty. Big Smile

👍😁👌 

...although, thinking about it now, it COULD have been the Proctor & Gamble Netherworld BP. FL dropped it after several focus group flame outs, however.

Posts 2845
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 3:21 PM

Gary Osborne:
As for the Pentecostal/Charismatic package in Logos?  I don’t think it represents the A/G all that much. There are good books in it, but there are also a lot of things that I would disavow completely as false doctrine. There is a very wide swath of doctrinal representation in that package. And for my two cents, not nearly enough of it reflects traditional, conservative Pentecostal theology.

One difficulty is that a significant part of the Pentecostal denominations (such as the Assemblies of God) is trinitarian, while a significant part of the Pentecostal denominations (such as the United Pentecostal) is not trinitarian.  That is a quite significant difference in theology.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 210
David J. Wilson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 26 2020 6:11 PM

David Wanat:

Well, it’s all educational for me. AOG is probably the largest denomination in my area, but I know little about them in general. I figure it would be useful to learn what they hold. But if it’s something that varies, I might be approaching it in the wrong way.

You may want to check these out....
https://www.logos.com/search?query=%22Assemblies%20of%20God%22&sortBy=Relevance&limit=30&page=1&ownership=all

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS