Labels Query

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 458
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:12 AM

Just wanted to confirm something: is it correct that adding labels to, say an unlabelled sermon, is only going to allow it show up in search results, but still won't show up in the guides?

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:36 AM

I believe that it will show up in all the usual places if its definition matches that of the FL label

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 458
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 2:45 AM

MJ. Smith:

I believe that it will show up in all the usual places if its definition matches that of the FL label

But what if there is no FL label? For example, a book of sermons by Andrew Fuller is categorised as a Monograph and the sermons in the resource are not labelled by FL. Therefore, they don't show up in the guides.

Posts 28581
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:14 AM
Jordan Litchfield:
they don't show up in the guides
Correct. You can't add Logos features yourself. Faithlife must do that themselves.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 458
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 9:16 AM

Okay, thanks.

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 12:17 PM

JT (alabama24):
Jordan Litchfield:
Correct. You can't add Logos features yourself. Faithlife must do that themselves.

When did this change? TIP of the day: Don't wait for Logos ... DIY sermon labeling

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 458
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 2:53 AM

MJ. Smith:

JT (alabama24):
Jordan Litchfield:

When did this change? TIP of the day: Don't wait for Logos ... DIY sermon labeling

Bump

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 2:15 PM

Jordan Litchfield:
Bump

?????

What are you still wanting an answer to so that you bump it? The answer is that if you create a label that has the same characteristics as the Logos created label, the label will be treated like the standard label. I've been doing it on sermons for years.

Posts 458
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2020 12:25 AM

MJ. Smith:

?????

What are you still wanting an answer to so that you bump it? The answer is that if you create a label that has the same characteristics as the Logos created label, the label will be treated like the standard label. I've been doing it on sermons for years.

I was hoping for an answer to the question you posed.

Posts 29725
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2020 1:14 AM

Try it and see if it still works - it does for me on sermon, desktop, PC

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS