Update Status Circle

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 33
Jon Shearer | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, May 2 2020 7:31 AM

I'm not sure the title of this post is correct.

My question is about the function of the light blue circle in the upper right corner of Logos.

My little circle has the number "2" in the circle and has had that number there for several months.

On mouse-over the circle, a popup reports the number of resources updated and the number of datasets updated. It does not report the time interval in which those updates occurred.

Can someone please give me a clearer explanation for the circle and the enclosed number?

Posts 1901
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:38 AM

The circle tells you the updates (to program and resources) that have been recently completed.

Click on the circle to see a list of the updates.

The number on the circle refers to the different kinds of updates: e.g., resource updates, dataset updates, program updates, etc. 

I have two kinds of updates; the first is updated resources:

Scrolling down reveals the second kind of update, datasets:

Clicking on the "x" by the update title clears the menu of that update. Clearing all of the update types will make the blue circle disappear until the next update.

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:39 AM

It does report updates - to the software, to resources, to datasets

The number indicates the number of discrete things in the notification area.

It is persistent - so the information stays - until you click the small x to the right of each type of updates.

So it is there to provide information about what has been downloaded and it remains until we choose to get rid of it - presumably when we have taken note of it and done anything we choose to as a consequence.

Posts 33
Jon Shearer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 2 2020 7:45 AM

Thanks, Levi and Graham.

Good info.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS