It's Fixed!!!!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 109
Jarred Edgecombe | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 30 2010 6:35 AM

The new release of 4.0d fixed a problem I developed with 4.0b. When scrolling through parallel resources, my computer would take up to 30 seconds to switch books. Tech support kept telling me that I needed a faster computer, and I kept telling them that Logos was fine until 4.0b.

I almost bought a new Dell on Monday, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Now I no longer have to think about it because L4 works like it did many months ago. Thank you Logos for the fix!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 30 2010 11:01 AM

Jarred ~  Thanks for letting us know. I've forwarded your post to our tech support department.

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:17 AM

My father had the same problem on his laptop and was told the same thing from Logos (needed a larger video card). Logos 4.0d fixed the problem. My fahter wanted to say "Thank You" to the developers at Logos.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:09 AM

Jarred Edgecombe:

The new release of 4.0d fixed a problem I developed with 4.0b. When scrolling through parallel resources, my computer would take up to 30 seconds to switch books. Tech support kept telling me that I needed a faster computer, and I kept telling them that Logos was fine until 4.0b.

I almost bought a new Dell on Monday, but just couldn't pull the trigger. Now I no longer have to think about it because L4 works like it did many months ago. Thank you Logos for the fix!

Unfortunately, I can't say that 4.0d has been an improvement.  It has, in fact, simply exacerbated the problem.  Hebrew morph searching has never been very robust in L4, but in 4.0d it won't even find a simply lemma with no qualifications whatsoever.  I guess that's one way to extend the life of L3.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 334
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:14 AM

Jarred Edgecombe:
L4 works like it did many months ago. Thank you Logos for the fix!

I was having some issues with 4.0b, but didn't know if they were related to just Logos 4... after going with 4.0d's upgrade I haven't experienced some of these unexplained abnormalities (monitor would turn black every once in a while as I would scroll through a book, but it also affected scrolling in Word and when browsing the web). Hasn't happened since the upgrade, and I have an i7 CPU with 1gig video card, and 8GB memory.

The biggest thing for me was that L4 is now "Snappy", 2.4 seconds to search "God" across the whole library.

Thanks Logos!

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 9:15 AM

George Somsel:
but in 4.0d it won't even find a simply lemma with no qualifications whatsoever

I'm not having problems finding simple lemmas with no qualifications whatsoever. I haven't tried anything more with 4.0d yet, but what are you trying to do that you can't accomplish?

Posts 635
Ryan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 8:27 PM

My parallel resources aren't any faster, but my layouts open and update MUCH faster with 4.0d. I don't know if it's related to Jarred's situation, but I'm sure appreciative.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 2 2010 12:30 AM

David B Phillips:

George Somsel:
but in 4.0d it won't even find a simply lemma with no qualifications whatsoever

I'm not having problems finding simple lemmas with no qualifications whatsoever. I haven't tried anything more with 4.0d yet, but what are you trying to do that you can't accomplish?

I now have it working for not only simple lemmas but for inflected forms as well.  It seems that what was required was that I force it to reindex.  It has worked since then.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS