Bug? Notes flags appearing in anchored verse and chapter start.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 94
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 14 2020 4:08 PM

I am experiencing a strange problem, but maybe I just have something configured wrong. I have a series of notes that are anchored to a specific Bible verse (reference, not text selection). The note flags appear at the anchored reference location but they also appear at the beginning of the chapter. What’s weird is this is not happening in some Bible translations. So, for example, I’m seeing the problem in KJV and NASB, but not in the NKJV or ESV (I have not examined other Bible translations besides these). Did I just enable some setting that caused this in these translations? I’m seeing this on Logos desktop version on Mac and on the iOS apps. Weirder yet it seems only like it’s happening with two chapters of the Bible: Revs 12 and 13. I’m not seeing this anywhere else (so far). Have I fallen into some kind of apocalyptic black hole?

*** NOTE, This is a cross-post from a Faithlifegroup. But Iwas not getting any responses so I thought it better to share this here.

Posts 35545
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 2:09 PM

2 bump

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 5:24 AM

My Notes problem seems related.  When I anchor a note in the Complete Jewish Bible (CJB), a note flag does not appear in the CJB.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 5:38 AM

You can control whether or not a note icon appears by selecting a specific icon to use from the dropdown circled in red.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 9
Jeff O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 2:16 PM

Thanks very much!

Posts 94
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 27 2021 6:38 PM

I'm still having this issue. Is anybody else seeing it? Thanks for any updates.

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2021 7:46 AM

Tom Vidal:

I'm still having this issue. Is anybody else seeing it? Thanks for any updates.

I previously had this annoying problem, but it seems to have disappeared during the Beta cycle for Logos 9.10. Have you upgraded to 9.10 which is now the current version.

Posts 94
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2021 9:11 AM

I am, indeed, on 9.10. (but I'm on the release- not beta-channel right now). Still happening. When you were getting it, was it also happening on iOS?

Posts 10886
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 4 2022 10:30 AM

Tom Vidal:
When you were getting it, was it also happening on iOS?

Sorry to have taken so long to respond, but I have not been active on the forums for the last couple of weeks.

I don't remember seeing this on iOS, but I can't say for certain.

Posts 1
Laura Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 21 2022 11:52 AM

Hi Tom. I'm also having this issue, but I'm on 9.12 on Windows11. It was fine a couple of days ago. Now, on the last 2 chapters I added notes to the flags are lining up at the beginning and inline. Have you fixed this glitch yet? Thank you!

Posts 94
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2022 7:17 AM

This is still not fixed for me. Seems like a strange bug that would impact just a few verses in one book of two Bible versions.

Posts 42
LogosEmployee
Savanna Lineberger | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2022 11:06 AM

Tom Vidal:

This is still not fixed for me. Seems like a strange bug that would impact just a few verses in one book of two Bible versions.

Hi Tom, 

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing this. We have a case created for this issue and I have updated it with your reports as well. 

Posts 94
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 12 2022 11:20 AM

Appreciate reading that, Savanna. My post was not an expression of offense, by the way, just a squeak from a squeaky wheel.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS