Logos 4.0d will not install

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 25 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 67
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 10:38 AM

MichaelLong:

That Programs folder exists, but when I first got my computer, I changed the default folder to the All Users one you referenced in #2 above. I am the only one using my computer, and I wanted all the Start Menu shortcuts in the same place.

I'm still curious, though, why Logos installed properly the first time (as have all my other programs), even after I changed the default Start Menu folder but before I gave my account full control.

When you got your computer, what mechanism did you use to change the Start Menu folder to the C:\ProgramData\... path? 

I'm curious how the shortcut was installed successfully the first time, too... 

Posts 10
Mlong | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:33 PM

Bryan Albert:

When you got your computer, what mechanism did you use to change the Start Menu folder to the C:\ProgramData\... path? 

I'm curious how the shortcut was installed successfully the first time, too... 

I used X-Setup Pro.

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 2:52 AM

Bryan Albert:

Andreas,

Excellent! Thank you for your help in tracking down this problem. I'll apply the fix to the next release!

Bryan

Hello again Bryan

I'm sorry to tell you but the exact same problem has returned again as I try to install the service release (SR-1) for 4.0d that was released yesterday. I get the exact same dialogs as before (see screen shots in my posts earlier in this thread).

Should I try using the test version of the logos4setup.exe that you posted before?

Kind regars!

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 67
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 11:13 AM

Andreas,

Sorry about that; my fix did not make it all the way. I've fixed the fix. Please use the attached Logso4Setup.exe (renaming it as such) and post back how it works.

Thanks!

Bryan

2577.Logos4Setup.exe.txt

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:01 PM

Hello again Bryan

The new setup file worked fine and I'm now on 4.0d SR-1.

I've tried locating the logos4setup.log in order to post it to you but I just can't find it. I've looked in the temp-folder where the logfiles seem to be put but there is nothing new there nor anywhere else.

If you want the log-file, could you advise me how to find it?

In any case - thank you very much for your quick help!!

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Posts 67
LogosEmployee
Bryan Albert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 13 2010 1:17 PM

You're welcome! I'm not sure where the log file would be, though I think I know what it would hold, so I don't need to see it. Thanks, though.

Bryan

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS