2.25GB download interrupted after latest update, no re-index...

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:23 AM

I understand that the latest update (4.0d) is supposed to kick off a complete re-index.  After the update successfully installed, my 2.25GB resource download was interrupted.  My computer restarted, the download finished after a few hours, and indexed for about 45 minutes.  It was not a complete re-index.  Is this a problem?  Should I merge the indexes, re-index, or what?

Thanks in advance!

Posts 31911
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:36 AM

DHG:
Is this a problem?

Only if you find strange results in your searches or something of the like. Don't worry unless something appears wrong. The indexing keeps become more and more efficient.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 12:54 AM

Thank you MJ.

Posts 19184
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 2:12 AM

DHG:

I understand that the latest update (4.0d) is supposed to kick off a complete re-index.  After the update successfully installed, my 2.25GB resource download was interrupted.  My computer restarted, the download finished after a few hours, and indexed for about 45 minutes.  It was not a complete re-index.  Is this a problem?  Should I merge the indexes, re-index, or what?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it sounds like it didn't do a full re-index since those usually take a few hours. I'm not sure why it didn't, since we were told that 4.0d required it (irrespective of the 2.25 GB resource download). The 45 minute index sounds about right for the resource update, but you might experience some problems with the index not having been rebuilt for 4.0d. I'm not sure what, or whether you'd even notice it if you did have problems. There might be missing search results that you'd never know were missing. If I were you, I'd start a "rebuild index" some night before going to bed and let it run. Can't hurt, and would give you peace of mind.

Posts 13417
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 2:19 AM

Are you definitely using 4.0d? (Go to Help/About).

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 3:10 AM

It says 4.0d (4.04.4.1385)...I started a rebuild index.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS