Text Comparisoin

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 5:54 AM

I am very disappointed that it seems that Logos 4 cannot do a text comparison like L3 did; particulary where it highlights the variances, and it sems no easy way to build a query for all your original language texts. Unless I am missing something. Let me know if I am. Thanks. If I am right, I beg Logos to bring that bavk.

Pastor Michael Huffman, Th.A Th.B Th.M

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:06 AM

Hi Michael

I assume this relates to your recent post.

In terms of highlighting variances - if I understand what you mean - then Text Comparison should do it as below:

If this doesn't provide what you are looking for, please advise.

Can you clarify what you mean by "building a query for all your original language texts"?

Graham

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:19 AM

Michael Huffman:
I am very disappointed that it seems that Logos 4 cannot do a text comparison like L3 did;

Some base packages do not include this functionality. I forget which ones though. I Think Original language and scholars are the ones that do. Which L4 base package do you have?

Posts 26400
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:20 AM

Michael Huffman:
I am very disappointed that it seems that Logos 4 cannot do a text comparison like L3 did; particulary where it highlights the variances

Please work through http://wiki.logos.com/Text_Comparison and state exactly what is missing. This comparison is very close to what L3 provides -

Michael Huffman:
it sems no easy way to build a query for all your original language texts.

This is the same Q from your previous thread, where some guidance was provided. Please explain what you mean.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:35 AM

That is exacyly what I am looking for, but I could not get the text comparison to do it. How did you do that?

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:51 AM

I opened the Text Comparison tool, "floated the window" so it was a standalone frame and then typed the names of the Bible texts into the box as below:

The two buttons to the right of the Bible selection box are used to control whether differences are shown and whether the base text is included in the variant translations.

Does this help?

Graham

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:57 AM

Absolutely, thank you. How many bibles can you add? I like to compare all Greek manuscripts including the 100 or earliest greek manuscripts. Is that possible? Which button to the right does what? Thank you very much.

Posts 24297
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:15 AM

Hi Michael

The button on the left is "show differences" and the one on the right is "show base text" (If you hover over them a popup appears with this information.

These options - and others - can also be selected in the drop-down menu:

I don't know of a limit to the number of Bibles but I expect it would get rather unwieldy after a dozen or so.

Graham

Posts 634
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:32 AM
Thanks Graham you have been a tremendous help.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:34 AM

Michael,

Please follow the steps in the wiki link that David linked to, let us know where the problem occurs.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 10:10 PM

updated wiki Text Comparison to show how to use toolbar items.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS