Faithlife Connect Subscription - SHOULD WE SUBSCRIBE STILL??

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 33 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 44
Adam | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 4:42 PM

I just recently re subscribed & in consultation with Logos chat I went another year as (like when L8 came out) we get access to L9 whenever that's due straight away plus all the new features that will go along with it.

I hated that they moved us to 3 free classic books only but I also make use of the web app sometimes & not having to fork out for the feature sets because they are already included helped me purchase some packages in the recent 30% off sale.

Posts 4126
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 4:50 PM

David Thomas:

JT (alabama24):
I am in the camp of "buy books, subscribe to features."

I concur. the free engine + owned resources + subscribed datasets at the price they grandfathered Logos Now makes economic sense.

For those who missed out on the grandfathering, Verbum Now gets you almost exactly what Logos Now used to provide at the same price that Logos Now used to provide it.

Posts 9
Glenn Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 26 2020 6:14 PM

Jonathan Bradley:

Mike, which Faithlife Connect package do you have? I'm just wondering because despite some of the diminished benefits, having access to all of the features without having to pay full price for them along with the free books and six months of a free Mobile Ed course is enough to keep me with mine. 

Same here :)

Posts 4118
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 7:56 AM

If Faithlife is listening to this thread, it would be nice if we could get an update as to what their plans are for Connect going forward.  Looking over the details of connect, one of the benefits is that you get a digital BSM in your library but I had to buy volume 12 this year.  I did get volume 11 for free last year.

An update of what is happening and what we get would be most appreciated.

Posts 458
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 2:00 PM

Mattillo:

If Faithlife is listening to this thread, it would be nice if we could get an update as to what their plans are for Connect going forward.  Looking over the details of connect, one of the benefits is that you get a digital BSM in your library but I had to buy volume 12 this year.  I did get volume 11 for free last year.

Yes

Posts 7543
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 2:13 PM

With the upgrades I purchase and the next to come, my 2% back will be good enough to pay for the subscription all over again.  Not to mention the 3 free classics and the 25% off Lexham Press resources that allowed me to add extra discounts to the already discounted LP resources.

DAL

Posts 530
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 27 2020 2:51 PM

Mattillo:

Ditto. Good catch. 

Carpe verbum.

Posts 1926
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 2:15 PM

It's the last day of Faithlife Connect and I think I'm going to cancel since there's no new major announcement or update. It seems to me that they just want to milk the money without giving any efforts whatsoever.

My consideration?

1. 3 free old classic books don't cut for me. There's hardly anything good. And I spent more time finding which book to to purchase rather than reading them. Nothing interesting to purchase since the list consist of super old stuffs. Now it would be different if they let us choose 3 non-classic books. But I doubt that would happen since they already stripped the free Lexham book.

2. The 2% hardly give anything back if you don't shop in thousands of dollars.

3. Faithlife TV? I think just YouTube has way better contents.

4. 25% off Lexham? I know it's in-house production, 25% seems very little. Plus in L8 they hardly put anything from Lexham in packages. Cruel.

5. No free new features from L9 anymore. Lazy

6. No new announcement for the current subscribers on what we're going to get if we're still subscribing by the time L9 comes out this year. Lazy development.

I think most of us are just die-hard fans, and have been primed in our mind that since Logos is a "Christian company"...it is OK for them to take our money easily. And oh, say nothing bad about them even if their deals are bad....(this is a bad mentality) we've been groomed to always say nothing if they do bad. We've been conditioned that just because Logos is like a ministry and not a business therefore they can take our money without them working for their products. You guys forget their just like a normal rich business, they make more money than most of us here.

Posts 1926
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 2:19 PM

I suggest Logos would include all the Mobile Ed courses into the Connect. It'd make more sense, since Connect has zero contents other than datasets. $100 just for datasets seems silly. Not very competitive since there's no equal competitors of bible software in the market. So Logos just gouge the price sky high because the lack of competitors and most Christians here are suckers for giving money away without thinking their finances.

Posts 19
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 28 2020 3:25 PM

mike:

It's the last day of Faithlife Connect and I think I'm going to cancel since there's no new major announcement or update. It seems to me that they just want to milk the money without giving any efforts whatsoever.

My consideration?

1. 3 free old classic books don't cut for me. There's hardly anything good. And I spent more time finding which book to to purchase rather than reading them. Nothing interesting to purchase since the list consist of super old stuffs. Now it would be different if they let us choose 3 non-classic books. But I doubt that would happen since they already stripped the free Lexham book.

2. The 2% hardly give anything back if you don't shop in thousands of dollars.

3. Faithlife TV? I think just YouTube has way better contents.

4. 25% off Lexham? I know it's in-house production, 25% seems very little. Plus in L8 they hardly put anything from Lexham in packages. Cruel.

5. No free new features from L9 anymore. Lazy

6. No new announcement for the current subscribers on what we're going to get if we're still subscribing by the time L9 comes out this year. Lazy development.

I think most of us are just die-hard fans, and have been primed in our mind that since Logos is a "Christian company"...it is OK for them to take our money easily. And oh, say nothing bad about them even if their deals are bad....(this is a bad mentality) we've been groomed to always say nothing if they do bad. We've been conditioned that just because Logos is like a ministry and not a business therefore they can take our money without them working for their products. You guys forget their just like a normal rich business, they make more money than most of us here.

I share your disappointment, mike.  My renewal isn't due until January, when I'll probably pull the plug.

Posts 4126
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 4:27 PM

mike:
It'd make more sense, since Connect has zero contents other than datasets.

Actually, all of the options open to new Connect subscribers include resources. See https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing.

Posts 458
Jonathan Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 6:02 PM

SineNomine:

mike:
It'd make more sense, since Connect has zero contents other than datasets.

Actually, all of the options open to new Connect subscribers include resources. See https://connect.faithlife.com/pricing.

yup. Those that rolled over from Logos Now into Connect get no resources and keep the lesser price. Anyone new pays more and gets more. 

Posts 7543
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 29 2020 6:54 PM

I think the title of this thread should be “Should YOU subscribe still...”

The answer is easy, if you’re not happy, then save your money and cancel.  L9 is coming out soon and Mobile Ed courses will be on sale this coming Monday.

So it’s up to you what you want to do.

DAL

Posts 4126
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 31 2020 6:25 AM

Jonathan Bradley:
yup. Those that rolled over from Logos Now into Connect get no resources and keep the lesser price. Anyone new pays more and gets more. 

Well, one of the options is less... but you get less, too.

Page 2 of 2 (34 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS