Is there a way?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 1 2010 6:58 AM

I have used Logos for several years for Bible study but never really thoroughly read any of the books that are in my library. I started reading one the other day and am wondering if there is a way to set a "bookmark" that it will automatically go to where I left off at.

Thanks for your help.

Aaron

Posts 2160
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:06 AM

Bookmarks are found under the tools tab and then use favorites.

Posts 25212
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:07 AM

Hi Aaron

From the help menus

Bookmark an article, passage, search result, document, guide or tool so you can come back to it later.

1.      Click on Tools | Favorites.

2.      In the lower third of the Favorites panel are a set of nine bookmark placeholders. (If you do not see #1-9, and the double arrows next to Bookmarks are pointing to the right, click to expand that section.)

3.      Click on an available Bookmark (i.e., Set (Ctrl+Shift+1)) to set the active resource at its current location. You can also drag the resource tab down to an available bookmark number or press the corresponding shortcut keys to set it.

4.      Click on an assigned bookmark to open the resource, document, etc. to the saved location. You can also use the shortcut keys to open it.

5.      To remove a bookmark, click on the x next to it, or right-click on it and choose Clear.

Graham

Posts 3916
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:10 AM

aaron, there are several ways to do this

1. Use the bookmarks function (Tools/Favorites).  You can look up "bookmarks" on Logos Help (press the F1 key for a shortcut to it) and it explains how to do it well.  You will need to keep resetting the bookmark with your current location
  2. Also, Logos will remember where you left off in a book when you close it.  Just reopen it (if you want, you can create a shortcut to that book on the shortcuts bar in Logos 4 by clicking and dragging the book to it.
  3. Set up a Reading Plan in your books.  If you read the required section and "mark read" it will remember that, and start you where you left off the last time.
  4. Create a layout of all the books you want to read/are reading.  Select your books, then select "layout" and name the "now snapshot" something like "Current Reading".  You can open that layout up and select whatever book you want to read (even by selecting F11, or "reading view.")  When you are done, "right click" on the layout name of your reading collection and select "update to current snapshot".

Hope that helps.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 64
Aaron Baldridge | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 1 2010 7:36 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I knew that there had to be a way I just couldn't find it.

Aaron

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS