Faithlife ebooks vs Logos books?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 247
Steve Clevenger | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 3 2020 3:51 AM

What is the difference between Faithlife ebooks vs. Logos books? I have noticed that the books I have from Faithlife will show up on the Logos website as not purchased. 

Thanks

Posts 22971
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2020 4:07 AM

Steve Clevenger:
What is the difference between Faithlife ebooks vs. Logos books?

Faithlife ebooks are produced using an automated process, are not of the samel quality and do not provide the tagging present in Logos books. Both types are fully accessible within the Logos software

Steve Clevenger:
I have noticed that the books I have from Faithlife will show up on the Logos website as not purchased. 

That shouldn't be the case - assuming you are using the same login credentials. Below is a screenshot of a Faithlife ebook I purchased with the Logos website correctly showing I own it

Can you post a screenshot showing an example of what you are seeing?

Posts 1315
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2020 4:08 AM

Steve Clevenger:

What is the difference between Faithlife ebooks vs. Logos books? I have noticed that the books I have from Faithlife will show up on the Logos website as not purchased. 

Thanks

The duplication at present seems to be an error. Normally if a book is made available on the Logos site, it is retired from the eBooks site. The duplication seems to happen because eBooks and printed books have different ISBNs. The eBook site has no added features added to the books, whereas Logos produced books have added value. Because of this the eBooks site participates generally in publisher ebook sale promotions. I'm guessing the sale of the Logos Crossway sale at present, they listed the books quickly and didn't "retire" the ebook. I was able to pick up a book in my eBooks wishlist cheaper in the Logos Crossway sale.  

Posts 2457
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 3 2020 11:19 AM

FWIW, Logos just downloaded the Logos version of Ryken's bio on Packer. So I now have the upgraded better version of the eBook in my library. Thank you so much FL.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS