Transferring a Licence (might be the wrong forum)

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
James Beadle | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 11 2020 7:56 AM

When I entered seminary five years ago I purchased Logos 6 to help me with my studies. During seminary I contracted cancer (Lymphoma) that ended my schooling and has resulted in my not becoming ordained. I no longer use the Logos 6 application but rarely. I'd like to give my licence to my friend who is starting his ministry in July, but cannot afford to buy the application, he does however have a book stipend from his congregation that he would use to purchase content if he had the tool. Is it possible for me to give this to him?

Thanks,

James

Posts 527
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:07 AM

Contacting customer services is probably you best bet. Know Faithlife I am imagine it is as simple as asking and confirming your intentions. 

Carpe verbum.

Posts 1352
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:18 AM

James Beadle:

When I entered seminary five years ago I purchased Logos 6 to help me with my studies. During seminary I contracted cancer (Lymphoma) that ended my schooling and has resulted in my not becoming ordained. I no longer use the Logos 6 application but rarely. I'd like to give my licence to my friend who is starting his ministry in July, but cannot afford to buy the application, he does however have a book stipend from his congregation that he would use to purchase content if he had the tool. Is it possible for me to give this to him?

Thanks,

James

I believe there's a $20 transfer fee. But as Liam said contact customer services.

Posts 11194
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:19 AM

Adding to Liam, gifting is easy. You or your friend will need to pay the $20 fee (FL might forgo under the unfortunate circumstances). And your friend will need a new account, to receive the resources. I've done this and FL is quite helpful.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3
James Beadle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:25 AM

Thank you everyone.

Posts 677
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:30 AM

We pray for  your health. Some forms of lymphoma are quite manageable. May yours be one of them! And we pray for your friend's ministry. May Logos be truly useful for him.

Posts 3
James Beadle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 8:45 AM

Thank you Steve. My Follicular Lymphoma is manageable, but will always come back.and require extensive chemo. My wife and I decided we couldn't saddle a small LCMS congregation with that burden. God will open other doors I'm sure. I appreciate the kind words. 

Posts 945
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2020 1:31 PM

And your friend can get started with Logos 8 Basic for free. Then he can add all the free books.

https://www.logos.com/product/168880/logos-8-basic

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS