Did Something Change with Zondervan NIV Study Bible...

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 7495
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jun 13 2020 7:14 PM

I noticed my Zondervan NIV Study Bible changed to NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible Notes (NIVBTSB).  The product page says I own it, but it also states that it is no longer available.

Here's the link: https://www.logos.com/product/53349/niv-biblical-theology-study-bible-notes 

DAL

Edit: Yep, I should've googled first.  It was retitled, so that explains the new name.  I almost thought I had gotten the new ESV Systematic Theology Study Bible Notes for free hehehe I guess not.

Posts 105
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2020 10:05 PM

The Book cover has not been updated.

Posts 1349
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2020 10:39 PM

The Zondervan website shows it's still available. Any thoughts why Faithlife are not offering for sale?

Posts 2478
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2020 11:55 PM

That's really bizarre. Maybe they are coming out with a new edition? 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 1:58 PM

Maybe it's being replaced with the NIV Study Bible notes rev ed https://www.logos.com/product/192576/niv-study-bible-notes-rev-ed which apparently will be available to Pre-Order soon (their words, not mine)

Posts 7495
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 2:51 PM

David Carter:

Maybe it's being replaced with the NIV Study Bible notes rev ed https://www.logos.com/product/192576/niv-study-bible-notes-rev-ed which apparently will be available to Pre-Order soon (their words, not mine)

That would make it a different Bible since D.A. Carson is not even mentioned and the name is not even close to the retitled version.  Oh well, I’ll keep the one I have 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 471
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 4:59 PM

David Carter:

Thanks for the heads up on this latest revision of NIV Study Bible ( AuthorsKenneth L. BarkerMark L. StraussJeannine K. BrownCraig BlombergMichael Williams).

Posts 2478
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 8:23 PM

David Carter:

This would be a revision of the original classic NIV Study Bible, which might be well worth having, but Logos shouldn't be dropping the one edited by Dr. Carson. That would be a terrible loss.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1349
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 14 2020 11:16 PM

mab:

David Carter:

This would be a revision of the original classic NIV Study Bible, which might be well worth having, but Logos shouldn't be dropping the one edited by Dr. Carson. That would be a terrible loss.

Agree. An update of the original NIV Study Bible isn't a reason to drop NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible. If I remember correctly the reason for the name change to "Biblical Theology" was to differentiate and offer both. Definitely don't need another study Bible and would only consider another at max $9.99.

Posts 2478
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 2:16 AM

I'm guessing the revised NIV Study would also align with the NIV 2011 text. Something that doesn't mean much to me, but it's the usual order of the day. 

I remember getting the original way back in the day when it was a big thing and I used the NIV translation more. I'm still a study Bible fan, but updating this one needs a viable reason past nostalgia. The other work is really quite good and useful.

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 6:18 AM

I didn't notice this change so thank you for bringing to my attention.  I remember asking about the newer title in the past to just feel dumb that it was only a name change.  I'd be curious what the newer version brings to the table but at $43 I'll probably pass.  I've always like the Zondervan NIVSB but I'm going to have to remember rename that otherwise I'll never find it :)

Posts 1290
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:06 PM

NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible Notes is a re-branding of the NIV Zondervan Study Bible. The content remained the same but the title changed.

https://www.logos.com/product/192576/niv-study-bible-notes-rev-ed?webSyncID=06d4cdc5-351b-a42c-9e3b-019b0b3d671c&sessionGUID=1d751c5b-7e7e-6070-3620-0d0d5487783b

NIV Study Bible Notes, Rev. Ed. is a totally different product.

Posts 4078
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 15 2020 3:35 PM

Thank you Kyle!

Posts 2
J. McLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 9:07 AM

Does anyone have any further information as to why this isn't available on Logos?

I've contacted support twice. The first time they said they weren't sure, the second time I was told the item was pulled by the publisher.

Zondervan's website shows it available on Olive Tree as a digital resource.

I had a friend buy it in January who highly recommends it - I've searched high and low, even seeing if I could buy from another Logos user. No luck!

Posts 28555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 9:45 AM

J. McLeod:

Does anyone have any further information as to why this isn't available on Logos?

Which resource? Two were mentioned. The second has not yet gone on prepub. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 9:47 AM

Never mind. I see now that the first book is “no longer available.”

Posts 28555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 9:50 AM

Do we know if it’s the same ISBN? 

Posts 2
J. McLeod | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 1:57 PM

Oh yes, I meant specifically the NIV Biblical Theology Study Bible Notes. I'm pretty sure it's not available under a different name.

Posts 658
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2020 5:20 PM

I don't think the name change was a good one. The public is very familiar with the term study Bible.

Posts 28555
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2020 5:30 AM

Ted Weis:

I don't think the name change was a good one. The public is very familiar with the term study Bible.

It's still called a "study bible."

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS