Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1
Edward Flook | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 16 2020 8:45 AM

Is there any way to turn off the Factbook icons in the Bible text? I find them distracting.

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2020 9:00 AM

Hi Edward - and welcome to the forums

Edward Flook:

Is there any way to turn off the Factbook icons in the Bible text? I find them distracting.

Does toggling off the Speaker and Addressee labels give you what you are looking for?

Graham

Posts 33
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 9:39 AM

Thanks, I found them distracting as well.  Another question. How do I shut off Factbook from opening up every time I click on a word.

Ken

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 11:20 AM

Ken:
How do I shut off Factbook from opening up every time I click on a word.

Turn off the Factbook Visual Filter

Posts 9
Ann Inoue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 7:56 PM

Thank you. I do not even have to click on a word. If I hover over it, Factbook pops up and obscures the Greek text I am trying to study.  I would like to disable it permanently, if possible. It causes more interference than is a help.

Posts 9
Ann Inoue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 8:08 PM

I am not seeing any visual filter displaying to turn off, either as circled above in red, or in the visual filter drop-down menu.

Posts 35573
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 9:18 PM

it's the light box outside a dark box with a light check  ...

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:06 PM

Ann Inoue:

Thank you. I do not even have to click on a word. If I hover over it, Factbook pops up and obscures the Greek text I am trying to study.  I would like to disable it permanently, if possible. It causes more interference than is a help.

There are plans to provide the option to disable it permanently - I think intended for Logos 9.3 but I'm not sure

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 21 2020 11:07 PM

Ann Inoue:

I am not seeing any visual filter displaying to turn off, either as circled above in red, or in the visual filter drop-down menu.

This is strange. Which version of Logos software are you running? (I'm aware this discussion is in the Logos 8 forum so just wanted to check)

Please post a screenshot showing the resource you are working on (use the paperclip icon in the forum editor)

Posts 33
Ken | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 17 2021 3:43 PM

Thanks Graham, that did it.  

Ken

Posts 9
Ann Inoue | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2021 12:05 PM

Finally getting back to this. Thank you. I was able to minimize Factbook displays.

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 14 2021 1:47 PM

Ann Inoue:

Finally getting back to this. Thank you. I was able to minimize Factbook displays.

Excellent

Posts 1
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2021 2:26 PM

Thank you kindly for your helpful reply Graham. 

These little icons even showed up in some of the original language resources haha.

Posts 35573
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 1 2021 3:25 PM

Paul:
even showed up in some of the original language resources haha.

Welcome to the forums. This is perhaps because original language lemmas have entries in Factbook?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9
Ann Inoue | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:34 PM

Still waiting for the disable option on Factbook. I am tripping over it constantly and still can not get used to it. Really slows down my productivity.

Posts 25765
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 6 2021 2:55 PM

Ann Inoue:
Still waiting for the disable option on Factbook.

Please provide more details of the issue you are seeing - the Disable feature is present as below:

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS