saved layouts

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:23 PM

OK, call my nuts here, but

I try to save my layout a lot.  

I'll have open books that I'm not done with, open guides.  A lot of times I have to exit the program rather suddenly.  It freezes, becomes unresponsive.

Then when the program opens again, it doesn't open where I left off, but where I left off days ago.  I had a passage guide that had a collection I removed a week ago.  Open guides were closed, and other resources were gone.  

Saving a layout isn't just the format but it's also particular resources too.  Right?

Posts 30144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:45 PM

Right but with a freeze, you probably did an exit that did not go through the normal save process.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:48 PM

I did save the layout several times later than the layouts that appear when I reopen.  I'm seeing resources I hadn't used in a long time.  My Bibles are open to things I haven't studied in weeks.  

Posts 30144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 3:56 PM

Look at the right hand side of the layout menu to see the dates for which the layout is available.

If that doesn't explain what you are seeing, double check your program setting for startup.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 5:21 PM

I did an experiment.  I saved the current layout, shut off the program, restarted, and it's back to an old layout from weeks ago.  

I don't see where it says anything about when a layout is available.  It shows the time when it was saved or various snapshots.

The startup give 4 general options.  I have it set for most recent layout - local.  There is an option for most recent layout - any.

There are also options for named layouts.

Posts 2672
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 5:46 PM

Try Update Active  under layouts

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 5:57 PM

I did an experiment.  I updated the active, shut the program down, and reopened it, and it gave me a layout from a long time ago.  I then realized though that the saved layout is still there, even if it didn't open to it.  So I clicked on it and got it back.

So I solved my problem, but it sounds like a glitch in the program or I'm still missing something.

I guess I don't need to know the answer, but Logos may want to know about it.

Thank  you for answering.  I appreciate it.

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:08 PM

In Program Setting (Preferences Mac OS), what do you have set for At Startup Open To…?

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:15 PM

most recent layout, - local

There is another setting  most recent layout - any

I don't know what that means.

Posts 30144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:21 PM

Larry Craig:
I don't see where it says anything about when a layout is available.

On the right hand side of the layouts menu, you aren't seeing dates and times for when the layout is from?

Larry Craig:
I have it set for most recent layout - local. 

That's what I think you want. When you close the application, what layout name appears in the upper left of the window? Does the same layout name appear in the upper left when you open the application again?

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2020 6:29 PM

Yes, I see the time and date when they were saved.  You say when they are available, as if it's like checks that are pending in the bank.

I figured out what to do.  

It may not open to the right layout, but I can find the last one on that menu.

Problem solved.

Thank you very much.  I really appreciate it.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS