PROBLEMS with $5 Off Pre-Order Deals

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 658
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:28 PM

So Logos is giving customers $5 off future purchases for books soon to be released pre-order books.

However, after you click on a book to pre-order, what you find at the last order confirmation page is an entirely different book!

For example, if you click to pre-order, "New Testament Apocrypha: More Noncanonical," the order confirmation instead is "NIV Bible Speaks Today Study Bible Notes."

Several books are messed up. Please fix!

Posts 28559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:41 PM

Also: what does “placing a new preorder” mean? If we had already done so, do we miss out?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 937
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:56 PM

JT (alabama24):

Also: what does “placing a new preorder” mean? If we had already done so, do we miss out?

I canceled my old preorders and then preordered again, except for the one that I had a CP bid of $11.

Posts 937
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 9:58 PM

Ted Weis:

So Logos is giving customers $5 off future purchases for books soon to be released pre-order books.

However, after you click on a book to pre-order, what you find at the last order confirmation page is an entirely different book!

For example, if you click to pre-order, "New Testament Apocrypha: More Noncanonical," the order confirmation instead is "NIV Bible Speaks Today Study Bible Notes."

Several books are messed up. Please fix!

I ordered yesterday, and it seemed to work OK. My list is correct. I didn't watch it on the fly, just after I finished. I ordered both of the 2 you mentioned.

Posts 334
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 10:01 PM

I am obviously not Faithlife, but my reading of the following from the above linked page is this...

Quote: In celebration of so many excellent resources launching in July, placing a new pre-order for any of these products before the shipping date earns you $5 off a future purchase! Obtain up to 10 coupons, one per successful pre-order, and get excited to receive your rewards in early August! What are you waiting for? Come celebrate! End quote:

Place the pre-order before its release date... not place the order in July... just before it ships in July.

That reading is my hope. Idea

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2020 11:31 PM

It says “Before the shipping date...” so no need to cancel and preorder again.  I’ll make sure I claim my $15 bucks (3 coupons) in August 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 982
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 7:01 AM

DAL:

It says “Before the shipping date...” so no need to cancel and preorder again.  I’ll make sure I claim my $15 bucks (3 coupons) in August 👍😁👌

DAL

I wonder what happens if you pre-order on the shipping date.... but before it actually ships. Would that still qualify?

Posts 183
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 7:57 AM

David Carter:

I wonder what happens if you pre-order on the shipping date.... but before it actually ships. Would that still qualify?

I imagine so. It will still be the pre-pub rate and charge as a pre-pub order.

Posts 29606
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:04 AM

Roy:
Place the pre-order before its release date... not place the order in July... just before it ships in July.

But it also says 

Roy:
a new pre-order

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:28 AM

Hey, thanks, everyone, for your interest in our Pre-Pub program! It does appear that something went amiss on the confirmation page. Sorry about that! It’s corrected now. If there were any issues placing an order for an incorrect product, please reach out to customer service at customerservice@faithlife.com and we’ll get that taken care of. Existing pre-orders that are canceled and re-ordered won’t be eligible for a coupon. This promotion is for products scheduled to ship in July with new orders placed between Friday, July 17, and the end of the month, so be sure to place your new pre-order soon. Thanks!

Posts 658
Ted Weis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:34 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

Hey, thanks, everyone, for your interest in our Pre-Pub program! It does appear that something went amiss on the confirmation page. Sorry about that! It’s corrected now. If there were any issues placing an order for an incorrect product, please reach out to customer service at customerservice@faithlife.com and we’ll get that taken care of. Existing pre-orders that are canceled and re-ordered won’t be eligible for a coupon. This promotion is for products scheduled to ship in July with new orders placed between Friday, July 17, and the end of the month, so be sure to place your new pre-order soon. Thanks!

So are you saying that those who eagerly, sacrificially, willingly, et. al. opened their wallet and pre-ordered these books earlier, before the start of the promotion, won't be getting the $5 deal?

Sincerely, Logos Customer who gets irritated at Jesus' parable of the vineyard workers

Posts 4079
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 9:48 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

This seems a tad odd but since you explain it the way you do I have cancelled and then re-preordered the selected titles.

Posts 11188
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:12 AM

Ted Weis:
So are you saying that those who eagerly, sacrificially, willingly, et. al. opened their wallet and pre-ordered these books earlier, before the start of the promotion, won't be getting the $5 deal?

I always felt guilty highlighting prepubs nearing shipping, to fellow Logosians. It seemed foreign to the spirit of the program. Of course, I simply shrugged, and highlighted anyway.

But now, I can feel non-guilty ... last minute prepubbing is being promoted by Mother Logos herself!

And today's non-guilty highlight:

If you like the IVP Background Commentaries, Craig Keener's 2020 Acts is shipping, and a nice discount. Plus $5!

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 28559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:46 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
Existing pre-orders that are canceled and re-ordered won’t be eligible for a coupon.

I've got a good idea... I will just cancel my pre-order and not buy it at all. Done! 

Posts 24
LogosEmployee
Thom Blair (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:48 AM

Update: Some more good news! After review, we've decided to allow for canceling and re-ordering products in the promotion: https://www.logos.com/prepub-summer-celebration You’ll still get your $5 coupon. Happy pre-ordering!

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:52 AM

Mattillo:

Thom Blair (Faithlife):

This seems a tad odd but since you explain it the way you do I have cancelled and then re-preordered the selected titles.

They have changed the rules! Everyone is good to go!

DAL

Posts 28559
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 10:54 AM

Thom Blair (Faithlife):
After review,

Thank you. Re-pre-ordered. 

Posts 4079
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 11:42 AM

I’m so confused but it seems I’ll get my two coupons. Thank you

Posts 937
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 4:13 PM

Denise:

If you like the IVP Background Commentaries, Craig Keener's 2020 Acts is shipping, and a nice discount. Plus $5!

I agree, but this didn't make the $5 discount list.Sad

Posts 7498
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 21 2020 5:11 PM

Dale E Heath:

Denise:

I agree, but this didn't make the $5 discount list.Sad

Here’s the link for those interested, it ships tomorrow: https://www.logos.com/product/193317/between-history-and-spirit-the-apostolic-witness-of-the-book-of-acts 

DAL

Page 1 of 4 (66 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS