Bible Word Study - Septuagint Help

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 21 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22857
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2020 11:49 PM

Naveen Daniel:
There were 137 results in 133 verses before I added "WITHIN {Milestone <Bible Gen-Mal>}" The number of results didn't change after I included this extra filter within quotes. So I must be doing something wrong.

Strange - with the same filter, my search shows up just 124 results

Naveen Daniel:
When I scrolled through the results, I did notice that some verses didn't have the ESV version (this was even before the filer given in quotes above). Does that mean that these verses don't belong to Gen-Mal?

Yes, that is what it means. 

Naveen Daniel:
If so, how do I find the Protestant Canon equivalent version of some of the verses in the Septuagint such as 1 Kgdms, 2 Kgdms etc that also have a ESV version attached to it? Is there a way to map it automatically before outputting the results.

If you hover your cursor over the reference, it will show the rendering in your preferred Bible. Clicking it will open that Bible to that verse

Does this help at all?

Posts 25746
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2020 8:51 AM

Naveen Daniel:
I hope I have done this cut-paste right this time. As you can see from below, I still see the output from outside the Protestant canon. T

Try it with  {Milestone <BibleESV Gen-Mal>}   (to compare with ESV 'canon').

Naveen Daniel:
If so, how do I find the Protestant Canon equivalent version of some of the verses in the Septuagint such as 1 Kgdms, 2 Kgdms etc that also have a ESV version attached to it? Is there a way to map it automatically before outputting the results.

The output of the Search uses the 'canon' of the bible searched, and it can't be mapped for Print/Export. Click the highlighted result in the ESV bible to see the mapping.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS