Attn Kyle: Missing Content from recent PrePub NIV Bible Speaks Today Study Bible Notes

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 22 2020 5:04 AM

Kyle

It seems that this item is missing several of the features shown on the product page.  This is what the product page states:

Features include:

• Over 2,300 notes extracted from the Bible Speaks Today series that explain and apply the biblical text
  • Questions for personal or group use to help you understand and apply biblical truths
  • Outlines that give a brief overview of each book of the Bible
  • Background and setting to provide the context to understand each book
  • Themes and relevance to apply the Bible to the contemporary world
  • Maps showing the locations of key Bible events
  • Parallel passages cross-referenced to identical or similar passages

https://www.logos.com/product/190167/niv-bible-speaks-today-study-bible-notes 

From what I can see all that shipped was the barebones notes.  It is missing:

• Outlines that give a brief overview of each book of the Bible
  • Background and setting to provide the context to understand each book
  • Themes and relevance to apply the Bible to the contemporary world
  • Maps showing the locations of key Bible events
  • Parallel passages cross-referenced to identical or similar passages

Here is the first page, you can even see that it is missing a basic ToC... thoughts?

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2020 9:32 AM

Interesting!

There's definitely a disconnect between the marketing material we received and the actual files of the resource. We didn't receive any of the additional content.

I'll be looking into this. I'd really like to get that stuff added. You might need to hold tight for a bit until we get things sorted out.

Posts 310
Bruce Roth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2020 9:57 AM

Here is the list of features from the OT competitor for this product:

Combined with the NIV text, the most popular modern English translation, this study Bible includes the following features:

• Complete text of the New International Version
  • Over 2,300 notes extracted from the Bible Speaks Today series to explain and apply the Bible text
  • Questions at the end of every note for personal or group use to help you understand and apply Biblical truths

Might be all you get in an electronic version.  There isn't a Kindle version, just a paper.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 22 2020 10:23 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Interesting!

There's definitely a disconnect between the marketing material we received and the actual files of the resource. We didn't receive any of the additional content.

I'll be looking into this. I'd really like to get that stuff added. You might need to hold tight for a bit until we get things sorted out.

Thank you Kyle! It would definitely be great if we could get that stuff added in.  I was surprised it was missing and they didn't give it to you guys.  Seemed odd jumping right into Genesis notes w/o an introduction which is usually pretty common in these.  Also, I don't know the difference but this was classified as Bible Notes and not a Study Bible when it downloaded.

Posts 1067
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 4:04 AM

It would help us if Logos stated specifically what was included from the dead tree version AND what was not.

It would also inform Logos what materials they have contracted to receive from the publisher and hence the check would become part of their production work flow.

The reported missing bits were part of why I ordered it. Without them I would not have ordered it in the first place.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 5:57 AM

JohnB:

It would help us if Logos stated specifically what was included from the dead tree version AND what was not.

It would also inform Logos what materials they have contracted to receive from the publisher and hence the check would become part of their production work flow.

The reported missing bits were part of why I ordered it. Without them I would not have ordered it in the first place.

I agree and I think it would be safe to assume that a "Study Bible' would have those missing bits.  I'm pretty sure all of my Logos Study Bibles have Intros, Maps, and Outlines so I'm just guessing this was a publisher error.  At least that is my hope. 

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 10:52 AM

I know a few of the niceties like maps and graphics were missing from the original version of the LAB the Accordance released but they eventually were provided those things and added them in. (Publishers sometimes don't seem to think people need anything beyond bare bones).

-dan

Posts 7544
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 1:14 PM

I’m glad I already own the BST OT and NT, so no need to pay extra to have headaches like this 😂😂😂

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2020 6:05 PM

Any updates on this?

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:12 AM

No date yet but we're working on it.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 11:42 AM

Thank you Kyle.  I figured it would take a while to fix.  I was just curious if the publisher got back to you and said it was an oops.  I have 30 days so I'll wait to see what happens.  Also, I don't know if you noticed before but this is classified as Bible Notes in Logos and not a Study Bible... not quite sure the difference.

Thanks again sir

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2020 9:12 AM

I wanted to provide an update.

We are in conversations with the publisher. They confirmed we did not receive the full breadth of necessary material. We're working on receiving it from them.

Once we get the material we'll have a better sense of when it will be added to the resource.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2020 9:19 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

We are in conversations with the publisher. They confirmed we did not receive the full breadth of necessary material. We're working on receiving it from them.

Once we get the material we'll have a better sense of when it will be added to the resource.

Awesome!  Thx Kyle

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 6:13 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Any updates on this Kyle?

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2020 7:34 AM

Mattillo:

Kyle G. Anderson:

No update other than we reached out again.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 6:19 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Mattillo:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Did you hear back Mr. Kyle?

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 7:34 AM

Mattillo:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Mattillo:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Did you hear back Mr. Kyle?

No. Unfortunately not.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 9:24 AM

Well that’s not good! What’s the plan from here? 

Also, do you know anything in regards to this post? https://community.logos.com/forums/t/191585.aspx 

Posts 1300
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 11:26 AM

Mattillo:

And funny timing ... about an hour after I posted we got the materials!

We're putting it in production right now and I'll let you know when we have an ETA.

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 12:33 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Mattillo:

And funny timing ... about an hour after I posted we got the materials!

We're putting it in production right now and I'll let you know when we have an ETA.

Great! Not pushing my luck but any luck with this one? https://community.logos.com/forums/t/191585.aspx 

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS