Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 46
Doug Bullock | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 23 2020 3:44 AM

Other than book files, does Logos 8 save any other files on my computer and where are they found?  I have some old "libronix" and Logos files and I am not sure if they are still used.  Thank you

Doug Bullock

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 3:51 AM

Yes, a whole range of information is downloaded onto your computer including:

• media files (particularly when using Mobile Ed courses)
  • datasets (providing a lot of the tagging in Logos)
  • tools
  • indexes
  • etc

Information about where the files are held are in https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers and https://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_Multiple_Macs 

Posts 26693
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 23 2020 5:33 AM

Doug Bullock:
I have some old "libronix" and Logos files and I am not sure if they are still used

Libronix 'files' would not be compatible with Logos 8 and old Logos 'files' should not be copied into Logos 8. What are the 'files' that concern you?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 46
Doug Bullock | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:03 AM

I have a folder entitled "logos log files" that is sitting in my "documents" folder.  I was not sure if it was used anymore!

Posts 46
Doug Bullock | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:04 AM

I have a folder entitled "Logos Log Files" sitting in my "Documents" folder.  It did not look like it was used anymore!!

Posts 24763
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2020 5:23 AM

Doug Bullock:

I have a folder entitled "Logos Log Files" sitting in my "Documents" folder.  It did not look like it was used anymore!!

Log Files are useful for diagnosing problems - but they are no longer stored in the Documents area.

So feel free to delete that folder and the files within it

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS