Store note in multiple notebooks?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 28 2020 8:31 PM

This may have already been asked, but I can't ever get the search function on the forums to work right. Probably user error. 

I want to store a note in 2 separate notebooks. For example, I wrote a devotional note that I want in my devotional notebook, but that note is also a good beginning for a future sermon, so I want to place it in my SERMON STARTER notebook. Is there any way to do this, aside from duplicating the note? 

Posts 23209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2020 11:06 PM

Mason Miller:
but I can't ever get the search function on the forums to work right. Probably user error. 

There are problems with the forum search function - I recommend you use Google search instead to search the forums. Details at https://wiki.logos.com/Using_the_Forum#Searching_the_forum_using_Google 

Mason Miller:
Is there any way to do this, aside from duplicating the note? 

No - this is not possible.

You can tag the note with multiple tags so it would appear when searching for either tag but notes can't be in multiple notebooks

Posts 19
Mason Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 1:53 PM

Graham Criddle:

You can tag the note with multiple tags so it would appear when searching for either tag but notes can't be in multiple notebooks

Thank you. This is what I figured last night after posting. Essentially creating a SERMON STARTER folder through tagging or simply including those words on the note and using the search bar. 

Posts 3200
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 7:17 PM

I have found generally that tags are more useful than notebooks.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 23209
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 11:42 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I have found generally that tags are more useful than notebooks.

Maybe I ought to start using tags more - I tend to default to using notebooks.

One of the benefits I appreciate in notebooks is the ability to "turn one off" in a resource so notes and highlights contained within it are not displayed (this is not possible for tagged notes).

But I do recognise that tags are more useful when trying to search for particular themes in notes.

Posts 3200
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 4:32 AM

Graham Criddle:
One of the benefits I appreciate in notebooks is the ability to "turn one off" in a resource so notes and highlights contained within it are not displayed (this is not possible for tagged notes).

I agree with this. It is a balancing act for sure.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS