BUG: "Word List" lemma counts vs. "Search" lemma counts

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Steven King | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 1 2020 3:27 PM

I'm observing something strange, hoping someone can shed light on what I'm seeing.

When I build a Word List, the counts for any given lemma may be vastly different from the count yielded in a search. For example, I built a word list (using the LEB as my reference) in which I included every book of the OT, excluding all Aramaic passages, effectively creating an exhaustive list of all biblical Hebrew lemmas, with their respective counts, according to the LEB. In it, חסה is given a count of 100, indicating that it pulled the lemma 100 times from the LEB. But when I search that lemma (still using the LEB), it yields: "37 results in 36 verses."

Why did the Word List give me 100 counts of that word if the search only recognizes 37?

I have troubleshot this every which way I can think to. What I've realized is that there is an explanation for the "Search" count being greater than the "Word List" count, but only marginally, and never the other way around (the search will recognize words that are not translated in the LEB and represent a result like this with a dot; the word list may not include these untranslated words). But I am seeing it the other way around, much more often, and often with great discrepancies like with חסה.

Would love some insight into this if anyone has it!

Steve

חסה
Posts 25733
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Today 12:02 PM

Welcome Steven

I think this has been raised before, and obviously not fixed. I recommend you use a Hebrew bible fro more accurate results, especially with words like חסה

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS