Barns Notes in community pricing

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6724
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 6:59 AM

David Ames:

What if the CP listed the price that we could get the item for if everyone converted their current bid to XXX?

That is if it would cost 50,000 and there are 1000 bidders [at all price levels] we would be asked to bid $50 to get it NOW.   

The system would then show our current bid (say) 25

The expected bid (what it looks like the community will set the price at (in ten years or so)) (like maybe) $20

And the needed bid (as described above) $50

David Ames:

Graham Owen Replied: [in a thread on Barnes]

[…] as has been noted before if everyone with a bid below $30 raised their bid to $24 it would be [released] at a cost of $1.50 a volume!

I like the idea.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:11 AM

Shawn Drewett:

It is my understanding that there is absolutely no risk in bidding $90.00 ---- am I right?

Well, there is the risk that enough people will bid $90 to make that the price and no more than that.  Then you'll pay $90.  

That's why the best policy in CP is to pick the highest price you'd be willing to pay, and bid that.  I have (without stomping my foot.Stick out tongue).

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 9:31 AM

Thomas Black:

Shawn Drewett:

It is my understanding that there is absolutely no risk in bidding $90.00 ---- am I right?

Well, there is the risk that enough people will bid $90 to make that the price and no more than that.  Then you'll pay $90.  

That's why the best policy in CP is to pick the highest price you'd be willing to pay, and bid that.  I have (without stomping my foot.Stick out tongue).

Well, I have had an occasion in the past when it took so long for a resource to finally make it through community pricing and into pre-pub, that by the time it was ready to ship I had purchased a very similar item, so I edited my order in my account and deleted it.

Posts 1674
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:24 PM

I understand this isn't true consistently through the reaches of the universe, but if we limit it to all who will read this thread on the forums, at this point Barnes will probably not move up or down even if 100 people suddenly change their bids from $25 to $100.  I think Barnes (being a special case) has been driven for so long at the $30 mark its sort of stuck or locked at that position.  People can either decide to pay $30 and jump in or decide to pay less and miss out.

I'll go ahead and "not necessarily" myself to save the next reader from having to...

So for this resource there is virtually no risk with a $90 bid.  Just as there's virtually no risk of actually receiving Barnes once it ships if someone has a $10 bid (the lowest option).

It will be interesting to see if there are enough last minute customers who jump in to drive the price down to $25 but I don't believe there are enough people nor enough time for it to occur.

Right now Barnes is like tunneling through a mountain; The most effective bids at this point are from new customers at $30 (if there is anyone left! Stick out tongue)

BTW this type of CP discussion needs to be nicknamed "Barnes Theory" Cool (I don't feel like I really get anywhere by writing anything on this subject but it still feels good!)

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 12 2010 1:46 PM

I agree with Thomas - bid what a resource is worth to you.  I have bid below the $90 price point, but above the $30 price point.  At this point, this is what I am willing to pay.

Once the item makes into pre-pub, and a final price is set, I will take a closer look at the final price.  I can either leave my bid alone or raise it based on my finances at that time.  If I don't think I can afford the offered price, I can always walk away from my bid - though that is not my intention when I make the bid.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:03 PM

I think it has moved up a bit since Logos updated their website.

Posts 171
Abi Gail | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 13 2010 4:17 PM

Ronald Quick:

I think it has moved up a bit since Logos updated their website.

Yup,  From 78.686798745% ... TO ... 78.686798746%.   It won't be long now !!!! Big Smile

~

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 18 2010 7:48 AM

80% ................I think!

Posts 767
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 5:05 AM

Almost there, kids!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 19270
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 9:48 AM

Jerry Bush:

Almost there, kids!

Looks like it's around 85% to me. With other titles I'd call that "almost there" but this one seems to have the curse of perpetuality (CP) hovering over it. It's taken a few months to go from 80% to 85% so it could take the rest of this year to get up to 100%.

Posts 509
Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:01 AM

Anyone notice Barns' recent jump?

Now it looks like it over 95%! Almost half of the little ball is already over the 100% mark!

We are almost there!!!

Posts 550
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:29 AM

I am indeed exited about this after waiting so long!

Posts 5622
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:30 AM

Logos posted this on their Facebook page:

"Have you placed a bid? We're only a few bids away from pushing Barnes' Notes on the OT/NT into production! Lock it in at the low Community Pricing level!"

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 298
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 10 2011 12:15 PM

Glad to see that Logos is helping with the push now!  Yes

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 397
T Gerold Castle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:42 AM

Yay... We did it!!

In HIS Eternal Service,
Tom Castle
**If we will do God's work, in God's way, at God's time, with God's power, we shall have God's blessings!!**

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:43 AM

And it's shipping in a couple of weeks - well done to Logos for getting this one.

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 1359
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:47 AM

Shipping 5/13.

Hard to believe after all the time that it spent on CP with hardly any movement.

Posts 103
Lonnie Ritchie | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:55 AM

Okay, where have I been?  I thought community bidding on Barnes ended a while back.  The cost is not aobut $100, but those who were in on the bid will get it for $30.  That's my understanding since it's gone into development.  Am I wrong?

Lonnie

Posts 3836
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 12:02 PM

Lonnie:

Okay, where have I been?  I thought community bidding on Barnes ended a while back.  The cost is now about $100, but those who were in on the bid will get it for $30.  That's my understanding since it's gone into development.  Am I wrong?

Lonnie

You are correct - if you had bid $30 or more while it was on Community Pricing, you will get Barnes for $30 (plus tax).  If you purchase it now, the cost is almost $100.  The excitement is because the resource moved from CP to PrePub/Production to Shipping so quickly.  Very much appreciated by those of us that wanted this product.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 847
Praiser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 28 2011 12:11 PM

Lonnie:

... those who were in on the bid will get it for $30.  That's my understanding since it's gone into development.  Am I wrong?

Lonnie

If you were able to get in on the Community Pricing for the set you will see the line that I have the red arrow pointing to.
It will also show up on  your Open Pre-Pub Orders page under your account tab.

Page 2 of 3 (47 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS