Reftagger "closed for review" on Wordpress?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3
Dan Martin | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 5 2020 12:30 PM

Hi all,

I'm a grateful user of Reftagger for lo these many years, a little troubled by the latest warning on the security software of my Wordpress site that Reftagger has been deprecated.  Looking at the Wordpress download site I see the message "This plugin has been closed as of August 3, 2020 and is not available for download. This closure is temporary, pending a full review."

Any chance we could get a brief update of what's up?  Is there any known risk to our continuing to use Reftagger during this review period (it appears to be working flawlessly on my site)?  Any sense of when the review will be completed, or any reason we should be concerned about the review?

Thanks in advance!

Posts 14
LogosEmployee
Joe Fradley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2020 4:16 PM

Hi Dan,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are actively working on getting this resolved.

Joe

Posts 14
LogosEmployee
Joe Fradley (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 3:13 PM

Dan,

The plugin is back up. There is no known security risk now or before. Wordpress has more specific guidelines that we needed to follow which included clearly stating in the readme that our plugin acts as a service and linking our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Joe

Posts 3
Dan Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2020 3:16 PM

Thanks for the update Joe.  And once again, thanks to the entire team for a valuable service!  Blessings to you all.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS