Error building Person Book Bible (Logos Beta 8.16 8.16.0.0002; WIN 10)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 818
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 5 2020 8:33 AM

I added the following lines in my PB Bible DOCX file:

• [[@bible:Psalms 82]]
  • Psalms 82
  • =====
  • ===
  • [[@bible:Psalm 82:title]][[ >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]{{field-on:Bible}} A Psalm of Asaph. {{field-off:Bible}}

When I built the PB Bible I got the following message:

• [Warning] : =d~link.keylink=yes|ref=bible+esv.19.82.title|res=LLS:1.0.710~bible+esv.19.82.title is specified, but it is not attached to anything.

Obviously the PB Builder did not like the reference to the title of the Psalm.

• Did I do something wrong?  Is there a proper way to handle the title?  If so, please enlighten me.
  • Is this a problem with the PB builder?  Or with the reference?  If so, please fix.

My expectation is that since "title" seems to be a legitimate reference address, the builder should recognize and process it.

Posts 25886
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 3:47 PM

It is referring to the format [[ >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]  which is is normally preceded by a label e.g. [[Psalm 82 title >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]], but you don't want a reference to be inserted. So...

try something like [[@bible:Psalm 82:title]] {{field-on:Bible}}A Psalm of Asaph.{{field-off:Bible}}

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2640
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 6:03 PM

Note that many bibles add the "title" to the text of the first verse as if it was part of the text.

Posts 818
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 7:38 PM

Thank you Dave and David.  I found the problem.

The problem line was missing the string value "Title" (highlighted):

[[@bible:Psalm 82:title]][[Title >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]{{field-on:Bible}} A Psalm of Asaph. {{field-off:Bible}}

Faithlife -

The problem line was build by the Copy Bible Verses tool with the line below.

• The variable highlighted here normally picks up the verse number, but since "Title" is not a number, it apparently served up NULL.
  • Seems like it needs to be able to recognize and provide the string value to properly represent the source data, like the line was able to provide "Title" two other places in the output (as indicated above).

<p><sup>[[@bible:[FullVerseRef]]][[[VerseNum] >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.[FullVerseRef]]]{{field-on:Bible}}</sup> [VerseText] <sup>{{field-off:Bible}}</sup></p> <p></p>

By the way, the CBV was from English Standard Version to Microsoft Word for Psalm 82.

Posts 3111
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 3:19 PM

Tim Hensler:

Thank you Dave and David.  I found the problem.

The problem line was missing the string value "Title" (highlighted):

[[@bible:Psalm 82:title]][[Title >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]{{field-on:Bible}} A Psalm of Asaph. {{field-off:Bible}}

Faithlife -

The problem line was build by the Copy Bible Verses tool with the line below.

• The variable highlighted here normally picks up the verse number, but since "Title" is not a number, it apparently served up NULL.
  • Seems like it needs to be able to recognize and provide the string value to properly represent the source data, like the line was able to provide "Title" two other places in the output (as indicated above).

<p><sup>[[@bible:[FullVerseRef]]][[[VerseNum] >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.[FullVerseRef]]]{{field-on:Bible}}</sup> [VerseText] <sup>{{field-off:Bible}}</sup></p> <p></p>

By the way, the CBV was from English Standard Version to Microsoft Word for Psalm 82.

Tim,

I'm not 100% sure how to nail things down. For starters, could you paste your CBV style template? That way I can confirm if the syntax needs to be tweaked.

Posts 818
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2020 6:10 PM

Hi Philana,

The problem locations are highlighted below.

Apparently [VerseNum] in the CBV template is looking for a numerical value, but the first line in the psalm is labeled as "title", which, of course, is a string value.  Consequently a null value is placed in the result, which creates incorrect syntax for the PBB.

The correct result should be:

[[@bible:Psalm 82:title]][[title >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]{{field-on:Bible}} A Psalm of Asaph. {{field-off:Bible}}

To overcome this in PBB, I manually added "title" in the DOCX file so PBB would properly compile it.

Hope this helps.  Thank you for your help.

=== CBV Template:

%NoParFormatting
%NoRedLetter
%NoFootnotes
%NoCitation

=Header
<sup>[[@bible:[FullBookName] [ChapterNum]]]</sup>
<p><b>[FullBookName] [ChapterNum]</b> <p><b><i>=====</b></i></p><b><i>===</b></i>
</p>

=ForEachVerse

=== CBV Result:

[[@bible:Psalms 82]]

Psalms 82

=====

===

[[@bible:Psalm 82:title]][[ >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:title]]{{field-on:Bible}} A Psalm of Asaph. {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:1]][[1 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:1]]{{field-on:Bible}} God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:2]][[2 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:2]]{{field-on:Bible}} “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:3]][[3 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:3]]{{field-on:Bible}} Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:4]][[4 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:4]]{{field-on:Bible}} Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:5]][[5 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:5]]{{field-on:Bible}} They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken. {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:6]][[6 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:6]]{{field-on:Bible}} I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:7]][[7 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:7]]{{field-on:Bible}} nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.” {{field-off:Bible}}

[[@bible:Psalm 82:8]][[8 >> logosres:ESV;ref=BibleESV.Psalm 82:8]]{{field-on:Bible}} Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations! {{field-off:Bible}}

Posts 3111
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 1:18 PM

I believe this is because of how milestones are done for a few of the Psalms.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS