Dynamic Price Issue?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 992
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:35 AM

I was looking at the Expositor's Bible Commentary and something seems off to me regarding dynamic pricing. I have 2 volumes already and I'm seeing a price of $288.52 ... $2.47 off the regular price of $290.99. Somehow that doesn't appear correct, ~$1.25 off each for 2 volumes on a $291 commentary set.

Any thoughts?

Posts 432
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:52 AM

I assume you don't mean the Revised Edition https://www.logos.com/product/20185/expositors-bible-commentary-revised-edition-rebc

Posts 2189
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 9:57 AM

Deacon Steve:
Any thoughts?

Steve, I also have academic discount so my Dynamic pricing on the ORIGINAL EBC is only a little better than what you are showing. Something does seem to be askew, but it is a Zondervan product so that may figure into the discount allowed.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 992
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 10:02 AM

StephenMcC:

Correct.  The original series.  But I'm seeing something similar with the revised set.  I own 3 of those already and it's showing a very small discount for books I own ...  ~$19

Posts 849
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 10:07 AM

Deacon Steve:

I was looking at the Expositor's Bible Commentary and something seems off to me regarding dynamic pricing. I have 2 volumes already and I'm seeing a price of $288.52 ... $2.47 off the regular price of $290.99. Somehow that doesn't appear correct, ~$1.25 off each for 2 volumes on a $291 commentary set.

Any thoughts?

Sometimes the Dynamic pricing reduction is very small (like if a resource is shared among more than one denominational package). At other times it's equal to the value of the work. I haven't figured it out the logic behind it.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 992
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2020 10:09 AM

So ... just as an experiment I looked at this collection (not Zondervan).  It is showing me a dynamic price of $12.14, but the only book I am missing from this set (He and I) is listed at $11.99

Something appears to be broken.  Hopefully someone at FaithLife will take a look.

Posts 432
StephenMcC | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 1:23 AM

Bump - Something is wrong with DP on the previous links

Posts 2624
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 12:56 PM

I suspect the DP is based on the current sale price and not the regular price. Maybe just wait for the sale to end. 

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS