Anyone in the Verbum neck of the woods advocating for...

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4969
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 7 2020 3:22 AM

...Catholic Biblical Quarterly (the journal) and Catholic Biblical Quarterly monograph series?

I would like to see both of these in Logos (or Verbum, as the case probably is).

In fact, you (FL) can mark me down as an advocate for pretty much every available monograph series that is Bible focused--just get them all.

Posts 2088
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 6:33 AM

I know it was on the original journals list when they were asking for suggestions and making a master list of the ones people wanted.  I would definitely love to have it.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1493
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 9:01 AM

I'd love to have those available. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 10:21 AM

David Paul:
...Catholic Biblical Quarterly (the journal) and Catholic Biblical Quarterly monograph series?

There is at least one thread in the Catholic Products Forum pushing for more Catholic journals (and a Verbum Journal Collection), and the CBQ is one of the desired journals.

Posts 338
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2020 8:13 PM

Count me in as well!

Posts 562
Nick Steffen | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2020 1:29 PM

Absolutely!

Posts 33
Aaron Hayworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 11:03 AM

I'd love this as well!

And if we are requesting Catholic journals, on the theology side it would be great to get the full runs of Communio and Concillium

Posts 2499
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2020 12:28 PM

I don't know anything about the monograph series. I've seen some of the journals.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS