Page 4 of 9 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 165 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

John Simpson:
Another set Glitch 0:5245 The Pulpit Commentary: Mark does not show in my unlocks even though I own the whole set.

Looks like that one's in the latest licenses batch that we're still loading. "Check back in 1-2 days" Smile

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 8:25 PM

On the Doxa Press titles, I have all of the unlock files for them easily accessible if Logos needs me to feed them to them to import into my account. I only have a handful of Doxa Press titles from them.

Nathan Parker

Posts 5
Trevor Flor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 10:39 PM

Hi Bradley,

I have done a reconciliation of my Wordsearch Library using the link for My Wordsearch Library in Logos. The following titles have not been assigned to me -

0:1168 Complete Book of Bible Basics
0:1149 Complete Book of Bible Secrets and Mysteries, The
0:1150 Complete Book of Christian Heroes, The
0:143 Complete Book of Everyday Christianity, The
0:1165 Complete Book of When and Where, The
0:1152 Complete Book of Who's Who in the Bible, The
0:775 Daily Reading Calendar
0:190 English Standard Version
0:1054 Greek New Testament (Tischendorf)
0:8736 LESSONmaker Adult Questions Gospel of John
0:31 New King James Version
0:30 New Living Translation, Second Edition
0:9 New Revised Standard Version
0:918 NLTse Bible Verse Finder
0:51 The Message - New Testament
0:139 The Message - Old Testament
0:1059 Tyndale Concise Bible Commentary
0:1223 What Does the Bible Say About...

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Trevor Flor:
I have done a reconciliation of my Wordsearch Library using the link for My Wordsearch Library in Logos. The following titles have not been assigned to me -

Your licenses for these are in the "disk-based" licenses we haven't loaded yet. Please check back in 1-2 days, and thanks for your patience.

Posts 634
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:44 AM

Thank you Bradley!

Posts 4082
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 4:57 PM

Not a mismatch but my Every Day with Jesus Daily Bible downloaded and it has a NONE attached to the series.  I've been unable to remove it.  When I do it just comes back. :)

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Mattillo:

Not a mismatch but my Every Day with Jesus Daily Bible downloaded and it has a NONE attached to the series.  I've been unable to remove it.  When I do it just comes back. :)

That's odd. I've cleared that value out and the next metadata update will fix it.

Posts 2042
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 6:23 PM

I'm seeing some Wordsearch titles appear in my account saying "Not Started" even though Logos already offers those works (and in fact, I already own them in Logos already). It just looked strange since Logos already offers them. I can add specifics if need be.

Nathan Parker

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Nathan Parker:
I can add specifics if need be.

Please do! Book IDs and Logos Resource IDs are especially helpful.

Please also see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx for why some may not be linked up.

Posts 335
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 10:07 PM

Bradley,

Ryrie Study Notes 0:723
Ryrie Study Notes-Topics 0:739
Ryrie Outlines 0:779

All appear to be part of this https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/products/28511-ryrie-study-notes 
which is based on the NASB. (I believe all three items came together with the single purchase.)

Logos has this which is also based on the NASB https://www.logos.com/product/7785/ryrie-study-bible-new-american-standard-bible 

The Ryrie Study notes (all three items above) in my W.S. library have the same ISBN as that listed on the Logos product page for the NASB version.

Logos : Publisher: Moody, 1995 ISBN: 9780802438669
W.S. 
ISBN: 9780802438669

Looking and trying to compare the two, the content appears to be the same. BUT... the link on the W.S. web page for this product incorrectly links to the KJ version of the study notes. https://www.logos.com/product/7783/ryrie-study-bible-king-james-version  I think you already have the Ryrie Study Notes in the NASB version. Yea or Nay? Thanks!
Posts 335
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:11 AM

0:6296 Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of Old and New Testament Words (Available)
0:6297 Mounce's Complete Expository Dictionary of OT/NT Words: Hebrew/Greek-English Dictionary (Not Started)

My W.S. license downloaded the single Logos resource (see link below) on Friday and it appears that BOTH 6296 & 6297 are in this same Logos resource.

And the link on W.S.'s site takes you to this Logos product page.

https://www.logos.com/product/5407/mounces-complete-expository-dictionary-of-old-and-new-testament-words 

Posts 335
Roy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 12:26 AM

More possible matches.

A Mentor Commentary:

All 4 listed as Not Started.

0:15809 A Mentor Commentary Psalms, Volume 1 
0:15810 A Mentor Commentary Psalms, Volume 2

https://www.logos.com/product/32233/mentor-commentary-psalms 

0:15818 A Mentor Commentary Matthew, Volume 1
0:15819 A Mentor Commentary Matthew, Volume 2

https://www.logos.com/product/39880/mentor-commentary-matthew 

Edit: Sorry! After posting this I umm..re-found  Confused Embarrassed this post. Oops! https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx 

Posts 20
Alan Lamb | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 4:45 AM

I have the same problem, I think I'm just going to have buy them again, but this time as ebooks for Kindle, then I own them and don't have to worry about bible software companies closing. Wordsearch is the third company to go out while I've been using their bible software (Fourth if you count the Libronix engine). 

Posts 4073
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2020 7:04 AM

Alan Lamb:

I have the same problem, I think I'm just going to have buy them again, but this time as ebooks for Kindle, then I own them and don't have to worry about bible software companies closing. Wordsearch is the third company to go out while I've been using their bible software (Fourth if you count the Libronix engine). 

If you have libronix titles, they will come into logos 8 just fine. might have to email customer service, and they are absolutely slammed at the moment. so it could be a bit. 

You would just need to know what email you used (or a list of them, if you're like me)  and they can check, and merge the licenses over. Alternatively if you were using the same email with Libronix, as you were with Wordsearch, that should all be syncing up in the next few days. 

thousands and thousands of customers x hundreds or thousands of unlocks results in a lot of work in the backend. 

L2 lvl4 (...) L8 Platinum, WORDsearch

Posts 5
Trevor Flor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 3:08 AM

Hi Bradley,

I have found a few titles which have not been mapped correctly -

0:2719 Christ In The Tabernacle - The book in Wordsearch is written by Frank H White but the book supplied in Logos is written by WW Rugh.

0:1044 Lectures To My Students: Vols 1-3 - The title provided in Logos is only Volume 1. I see that Volumes 2 & 3 are available in the Logos Store (I assume this falls into the category of your post at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx as it is sold as a set in Logos)

0:17101 Shepherd's Notes: CS Lewis's Mere Christianity - The title provided in Logos is Shepherd's Notes: The Writings of Justin Martyr. The correct title is available in the Logos Store - ISBN: 9781433670886

0:440 What The Bible Is All About: Group Study Guides - This has been mapped to What The Bible Is All About: Bible Handbook but the Group Study Guides do not appear in that book.

Posts 7
Dan Winsby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 4:21 AM

I notice that the logos training videos I am suppose to have through the full essentials package are now no longer available to me. Tells me I don't have licence for them, but tells me I own them in the store.

Also, I haven't bothered to check all titles coming over from Wordsearch library as I know there is still much work being done, however, I did notice that "Joyce G. Baldwin - Tyndale Commentaries - Daniel, Volume 23 is missing, even though it is available in the Logos store.

I do appreciate all the help that has been provided in this transition.

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Trevor Flor:

0:2719 Christ In The Tabernacle - The book in Wordsearch is written by Frank H White but the book supplied in Logos is written by WW Rugh.

Unlinked.

Trevor Flor:
0:1044 Lectures To My Students: Vols 1-3 - The title provided in Logos is only Volume 1. I see that Volumes 2 & 3 are available in the Logos Store (I assume this falls into the category of your post at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/193950.aspx as it is sold as a set in Logos)

When one Wordsearch ebook corresponds to multiple Logos resources, we can unlock them all. I've added volumes 2 & 3 to the alignment. 

Trevor Flor:
0:17101 Shepherd's Notes: CS Lewis's Mere Christianity - The title provided in Logos is Shepherd's Notes: The Writings of Justin Martyr. The correct title is available in the Logos Store - ISBN: 9781433670886

Fixed.

Trevor Flor:
0:440 What The Bible Is All About: Group Study Guides - This has been mapped to What The Bible Is All About: Bible Handbook but the Group Study Guides do not appear in that book.

I've made a note for the Content Production team that we need to find or produce this resource.

Thanks for reporting these problems!

Posts 8691
LogosEmployee

Dan Winsby:

Also, I haven't bothered to check all titles coming over from Wordsearch library as I know there is still much work being done, however, I did notice that "Joyce G. Baldwin - Tyndale Commentaries - Daniel, Volume 23 is missing, even though it is available in the Logos store.

This is fixed; thanks for reporting it.

Posts 344
Bernhard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 5:29 AM

Alan Lamb:

What makes you think, Amazon will never decide to give up their ebook format (which they have done before), go bankrupt, get bought by a competitor using a different format/software, etc. etc. You don't own Kindle books, you just own a license to read them, just like with books inside your Bible software. According to this site, Kindle was actually Amazon's fourth implementation of ebooks: https://the-digital-reader.com/2013/11/14/amazon-ebooks-14-november-2000/#:~:text=19%20November%20as%20the%20day,date%20in%20the%20year%202000.   Even since starting Kindle, Amazon has changed the format and not all old Kindle devices can open all new books. 

Why don't you just keep using your Wordsearch software and come back to Logos next year, when all problems are sorted out, all possible resources are converted and all licenses correctly assigned, or even wait a couple of years till you get a new computer and possibly can't install Wordsearch on there anymore?

While I don't have any stakes in this myself (just had a few things on Wordsearch that I got for free at some point and are now added to my Logos library also for free!!), I am amazed at what Faithlife is doing for the Wordsearch customers by attempting to give them everything possible of what they had in Wordsearch within a very short period of time and all of that without charge! Anyone, who has ever gone through a major change of computer systems would realize how complex this must be.

Posts 7
Dan Winsby | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2020 9:31 AM

Thank you Bradley!

Much appreciated.

Page 4 of 9 (166 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS