Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 2
Harry Colegrove | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 19 2020 12:10 PM

I've been a Wordsearch user for many years. What made me choose them over all other Bible software platforms is that they had the Thompson Chain Reference tools available. I use the Thompson Chain Reference tools in Wordsearch all the time (for virtually every sermon/bible study I prepare). I see the Thompson Chain resources on the list that will be available someday, any idea when that day will be? Honestly, Logos is not very useful to me until I have the Thompson Chain resources. 

Posts 8714
LogosEmployee

Sorry, we don't have specific dates to announce for any particular titles on the "Still coming from Wordsearch" list.

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 3:22 PM

Harry, not to be antagonistic, but you still have WORDsearch. I, like you, opted for WS because of the TCR many years ago and I still use it regularly. As long as this computer continues to work, I will still have WS. It has not been disabled. Hope this helps.

Posts 1999
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 4:36 PM

I'll see if we can bump it up in our priority queue.

Posts 63
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:16 PM

Thanks Phil, Thompson is one of my corner pieces as well, both printed and digital

Stop talking about missing the "Old Saints" and be an Old Saint

Posts 2
Harry Colegrove | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 5:44 PM

No antagonism detected bro! Yes, I am very thankful that Wordsearch is still functioning. I am really enjoying what I have seen in Logos so far, I just don't like the idea of switching between two Bible Study programs to do what I want. (First World preacher problems! Big Smile ) Looking forward to seeing TCR in Logos! 

Posts 2045
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 7:05 PM

Can't wait for TCR in Logos. That's going on my Prioritized list once it's out!

Nathan Parker

Posts 3232
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 9:33 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I'll see if we can bump it up in our priority queue.

I know based on other threads in the past that there is a big desire from Logos users to have the TCR in their libraries. I will definitely be picking up a copy when it is ready.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 13
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2020 10:53 PM

Harry Colegrove:

I've been a Wordsearch user for many years. What made me choose them over all other Bible software platforms is that they had the Thompson Chain Reference tools available. I use the Thompson Chain Reference tools in Wordsearch all the time (for virtually every sermon/bible study I prepare). I see the Thompson Chain resources on the list that will be available someday, any idea when that day will be? Honestly, Logos is not very useful to me until I have the Thompson Chain resources. 

Harry Colegrove:

No antagonism detected bro! Yes, I am very thankful that Wordsearch is still functioning. I am really enjoying what I have seen in Logos so far, I just don't like the idea of switching between two Bible Study programs to do what I want. (First World preacher problems! Big Smile ) Looking forward to seeing TCR in Logos! 

Welcome to Logos, my bro!
Definitely looking forward to TCR being up in Logos, too! Hoping it will be as intuitive to use here as it is/was in WS.

"First world preacher problems" -- ROFL ...yes!! 

Thankful for sure!!

Posts 4087
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:28 AM

Unless I'm mistaken, I think that functionality should be largely present in Logos already.

Might need to make a post over in the general or L8 forum to get better advice on how to make that happen until TCR is available in Logos.

Might not be Thompsons chains directly, but you should be able to fairly easily find connections between situations or people that are referenced in multiple books of the bible.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 11206
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 20 2020 10:48 AM

abondservant:
Unless I'm mistaken, I think that functionality should be largely present in Logos already.

For anyone not familiar with 'chains' (TRB itself has much more), below from Wikipedia:

First, the TRB chains are more convenient and easy to follow. But if I wanted similar functionality, I'd link my favorite Bible to a CitedBy tool with Jerome Smith's New Treasury resource. A looser connect would probably be either topics or Factbook?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 113
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2020 6:37 PM

I too cannot wait until TCR comes to Logos. I have dutifully checked the logos website every 6 months since starting to use the tool to see if TCR is on prepub yet. It is also one of the main reasons I still kept WordSearch even though Logos has been my main program for years. I cannot wait!!!!

Thanks, Carla

Posts 60
Christopher Easton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 6:28 AM

Not to be redundant but I have been waiting for a Logos version of Thompson Chain! I use my printed copy daily and will be buying a copy when it is out too!

Posts 113
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 8:59 AM

Me too. 

Posts 2150
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 9:18 AM

For the benefit of those who are new to Logos and may only be following the Wordsearch area of the Forum, Thompson has been requested before the acquisition and is available in Spanish (https://es.logos.com/product/55132/notas-de-la-biblia-de-referencia-thompson), so it should be relatively simple to implement the English. Also, some of the other forums suggest other resources in Logos that act similarly to the Chain system of cross referencing.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/171397.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/346.aspx 

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/104215.aspx 

Faithlife had to put some restrictions on the Forum because it was getting bombarded by SPAM. These restrictions crashed the ability to effectively search the forum for other posts that may address one's questions.

This information on HOW TO SEARCH THE FORUM is found in the Wiki:

Searching the forum using Google

Since the forum search functionality is so limited, many people prefer to use Google with site:community.logos.com as one of the search terms. Then you can narrow it down as much as you like using the power of Google’s boolean operators (AND and OR).

• AND is the default when terms are combined together with no operators between, or you can be explicit about it using AND.
  • You can specify OR using the vertical bar or “pipe” character (|) which is shorthand for OR (the latter works as well).
  • You can omit specific terms from the search results by preceding them with a minus sign (-) with no spaces between.
  • Google search understands the wildcard character (*).
  • You can combine boolean operators in complex ways using curly brackets { } (equivalent to parentheses in Logos searches).
  • You can restrict the results to a particular sub-forum (say, the Logos 5 forum) by including the “breadcrumb” text that appears at the top of any thread in that forum, e.g.: “Home > Logos 5”.
  • For more information about Google Search capabilities, see Basic search help and More search help

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS