Multiusers on the same computer using Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
Charles Wale | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 21 2020 6:14 AM

I, like many others, am migrating from Wordsearch to Logos. I have two user accounts set up on my Windows 10 desktop computer, namely Administrator and Chuck.  I installed, downloaded, and indexed under the Administrator account thinking that any user on the same computer would have access by installing it this way.  When I logged into the other account I do not see access.  I set my computer up this way for security purposes and do not understand why I would have to reinstall it again for another user on the same computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Posts 8689
LogosEmployee

Logos (by design) is a per-user application. There is no (supported) way to share the installation, resources, and indexes between multiple users on the same computer.

It doesn't need administrative permissions to install, so there's no need to log in to your Administrator account to install the program; just install it on the Windows account where you want to use it. 

Posts 3953
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2020 2:58 PM

Welcome, Charles!

Charles Wale:
I set my computer up this way for security purposes and do not understand why I would have to reinstall it again for another user on the same computer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

This design choice facilitates multiple people (with, therefore, multiple Faithlife accounts) using Logos on the same computer.

Posts 2
Charles Wale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 5:08 AM

The problem with this design to me is that it reinstalls duplicate or multiple libraries of the same books that is taking unnecessary usage of space.

Posts 8689
LogosEmployee

Charles Wale:

The problem with this design to me is that it reinstalls duplicate or multiple libraries of the same books that is taking unnecessary usage of space.

Logos is licensed to a single user, so it shouldn't typically be getting installed to multiple user accounts on the same computer.  

(Edit: If it is installed multiple times on the same computer, our expectation is that the libraries installed on each user account will be different.)

Posts 2133
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2020 7:49 AM

Charles Wale:
The problem with this design to me

Programmer are forced to make choices. I have had to upgrade hardware in order to have enough SSD space, so I understand your concern.

One of the BENEFITS of the local user path that Faithlife has chosen is that I can maintain one installation with ALL my resources AND I can have a separate installation under another local user that only has my library of FREE resources. This allows me to make a demonstration to a Newbie in a way that the results are closer to a person who has not invested thousands in a professional library.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS